My top underated : 1.Cloak of Flame`s
2.Thousand Ribbons
3.Death`s Oath
My top overated : 1.Soul Taker
2.Le heup
3.Mon'tregul's Grasp

Whats your top 3 ?
Last edited by htblind on Jan 31, 2014, 5:21:01 AM
Top under rated: Song of the Sirens. Clearly the most OP unique in the game, and yet I've seen them being sold for less than legacy Kaom's, which is just weird.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Top under rated: Song of the Sirens. Clearly the most OP unique in the game, and yet I've seen them being sold for less than legacy Kaom's, which is just weird.

h3h3 , troll time:)
Prismatic Eclipse is rather underrated for what it can achieve.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
Most overrated:

Voltaxic in Standard (People don't seem to reailze that the reason for why it is so good in hardcore leagues is that one death makes you lose your whole characters, this does not apply in Standard league, using voltaxic gimps you severely dps wise)

Legacy Kaom's Heart in Standard (When archers use legacy Kaom's in standard, you know they fail. They give up a 6-linked single dps skill + massive evasion for extra life)
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
Most overrated:

Voltaxic in Standard (People don't seem to reailze that the reason for why it is so good in hardcore leagues is that one death makes you lose your whole characters, this does not apply in Standard league, using voltaxic gimps you severely dps wise)

Legacy Kaom's Heart in Standard (When archers use legacy Kaom's in standard, you know they fail. They give up a 6-linked single dps skill + massive evasion for extra life)

Believe it or not, players in standard don't like dieing to reflect and like playing without worrying about it.

As for the Kaoms archers, since solo play isn't meant to be in this game, having two 6L's for single and AoE DPS is irrelevant, 4L (or 5L) for single target is fine enough to have 9k+ life instead of 6k+.
And 3k+ life outclasses 20-30% chance to evade by far (one shots still possible even with ranged - Avian Retches).

EDIT: not to mention that a lot of archers take IR so they can combo Jade/Granite flasks.
Last edited by tinko92 on Jan 31, 2014, 5:55:05 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Most overrated:

Believe it or not, players in standard don't like dieing to reflect and like playing without worrying about it.

As for the Kaoms archers, since solo play isn't meant to be in this game, having two 6L's for single and AoE DPS is irrelevant, 4L (or 5L) for single target is fine enough to have 9k+ life instead of 6k+.
And 3k+ life outclasses 20-30% chance to evade by far (one shots still possible even with ranged - Avian Retches).

EDIT: not to mention that a lot of archers take IR so they can combo Jade/Granite flasks.

Crit phys bow is endgame for archers in standard. Two ways to do it:

1. Vaal Pact with ES.
2. Ondar's guille + Grace + High Eva gear + Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes.

Voltaxic dps doesn't come anywhere near it. And yes Single Target dps matters against high end bosses.

In hardcore leagues, survivability matters far more. In standard, you can accept 1 death every (insane high number) map runs.

Heck, if we had a full party of volxatic + kaom's users competing against a full party of phys crit bow users, the latter group would still be ahead in overall exp despite their rare deaths due to the increased clear speed.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 31, 2014, 6:07:30 AM
Underrated:

1. Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves
2. Windscream Reinforced Greaves
3. Essentia Sanguis Eye Gouger

Overrated:

1. Auxium Chain Belt
2. Astramentis Onyx Amulet
3. Lionseye Glare Imperial Bow
"
mazul wrote:

Crit phys bow is endgame for archers in standard. Two ways to do it:

1. Vaal Pact with ES.
2. Ondar's guille + Grace + High Eva gear + Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes.

Voltaxic dps doesn't come anywhere near it. And yes Single Target dps matters against high end bosses.

In hardcore leagues, survivability matters far more. In standard, you can accept 1 death every (insane high number) map runs.

Heck, if we had a full party of volxatic + kaom's users competing against a full party of phys crit bow users, the latter group would still be ahead in overall exp despite their rare deaths due to the increased clear speed.

Probably yes, crit phys archers, but they are in minority compared to LA archers.

DPS isn't much of an issue in late end game, survivability is, even in standard.
And single target against high end bosses? Since when do archers even do them (there are few that do though...)?
Shipyard boss is the exception.

Agree that survivability matters more, never said anything contrary.
That's where you're wrong, why would anyone risk a 10% loss at high level just to have somewhat more DPS?
Survivability matters in 96+ standard levels almost as hardcore high level players (85+).

Get rid of that thinking about dieing on 96+ lvl in standard couple of times a week, that is false.

And since you don't realize that, I don't think you've ever participated in such playing, and if you did, I don't know what are you trying to accomplish.
"
tinko92 wrote:

Probably yes, crit phys archers, but they are in minority compared to LA archers.

DPS isn't much of an issue in late end game, survivability is, even in standard.
And single target against high end bosses? Since when do archers even do them (there are few that do though...)?
Shipyard boss is the exception.

Agree that survivability matters more, never said anything contrary.
That's where you're wrong, why would anyone risk a 10% loss at high level just to have somewhat more DPS?
Survivability matters in 96+ standard levels almost as hardcore high level players (85+).

Get rid of that thinking about dieing on 96+ lvl in standard couple of times a week, that is false.

And since you don't realize that, I don't think you've ever participated in such playing, and if you did, I don't know what are you trying to accomplish.

I sold voltax when I started using a 300Edps tri ele bow....split arrow DPS is 17k and I shit on maps. Reflect doesn't 1 shot me with 20/20 life on hit and chain in split arrow.... I paid only a quarter value voltax cost for the bow voltax is very overrated.

Most underated:
Crest of Perandus arguably best melee shield in game
Infernal mantle: gives more DPS to fire builds than low life PA shave
Starkonjas hood

Most overrated:
Soul taker ..DPS is just sub par and its not rocket science to work around mana costs
Bringer of rain ..limits DPS potential..loss of 4 link
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info