need help with templar summoner

I decided to play templar as a summoner and I I have some problems. Well, it seems my character don't do much damage, and for now (lvl 19) my minions are weak. I don't have much problems in pve (if I can call it this way ;>), but in pvp my ass gets kicked. I don't know if pvp is a good indicator of how good a character is.

Here are my passives: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsabCqYN0dFR2ushMSIQI9GkDOboZvsna6mrKcItQTQ0NkL5CL6gA==

For gems, I use raise zombie, summon skeletons, glacial hammer for some close damage dealing and firestorm as aoe damage.
Now, I got an idea to use freezing pulse and ice wall, to slow my opponents down.

I would be grateful for any suggestions regarding my character.
hello there I am a 43 templar full summoner

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAuMFWxCXEQ8RLRpsKPoqmCycN0dEBEVHRnFI50myTblakWqsa6xr23yDgseFYIhAjr6PRpAzkyeVIJuhna6mrKcIqH2qxLB3tAy1BLiTv5fJPcy8zfrQ0NP72QvkIuvu8h731_qA

is my spec now, take total of every summoner passive I could reach and now ponder on if I am going to support them more (aura) or defence

I did have some issue on normal act 1, and early act 2 but after the skill gems on summoning did rank up it got much easier (I did some strugle on act 1 boss on normal but now I revisited her on cruelty I did just stand in background and watch her get ripped apart)

I used firestorm and frost nova as offensive spells and ice spear as long range if it was to dangerous to be in the front

as pure summoner the damage is so so early on , but after you get Minion unstability it got LOT better and the minion wheel right beside it (try get summon specter asap when you can, they are awesome if you take up spell casters,snipers or curser or even better...other who can summon

I also used a shockwave totem to keep enemy from reaching me to

right now at Act 2 cruelty I am going faster than I did with arc witch in CB, everything just get riped to pices (even mixed in Dominationg blow so I convert the monster for 30 sec of super minion version of it, my point is that it get's better

In this thread we have already covered several ways to do this.

Lacking in humility as I am, I prefer my own builds of course, which are:

The Totemizer

Using sceptre and shield, all summons maxed and two totems with different elements. Thanks and all credit goes to GueulEclator for giving me the idea for the build.
Points can be moved from the shield clusters to the curse clusters if you want, and/or extra aoe from the Blast Radius cluster.

And my personal favourite so far:

Staffomancer (need a better name for it...)

Every staff passive, every summon passive, and of course both Body and Soul clusters. With this build you'll be largely independent of your summons, but they'll represent a very nice bonus. Not so focused on summoner as the Totemizer, but all the more effective when summons are toast.
Thank you guys ;D
One more question - what armor should I use? Now im using pieces which have full armour, but maybe should I use armour & energy shield or even full energy shield?
Finding plate armour pieces with blue gem slots is really painful ;/

Is it worth using only energy shield as a templar? It would be nice to look like a real wizard... With robes, beard and staff :D
Last edited by pesymistyk on Jan 27, 2013, 12:42:57 PM
I'm going now for the Minion Instability then for the minion + damage / health.
Then after that i'm going not really sure if i go for lord of the dead or the Necro Aegis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info