Lightning Caster questions

I haven't really been following whats viable and need some advice on what I'm missing in the build. I hate that I have to skip crit and a few AoE nodes, and wouldn't mind some of the shield stuff but there just isn't room. Would this build have enough defense and offense for endgame?

Playing softcore, planning to use templar armor and sceptre+kite shield. Skills will be the usual lightning stuff like arc, sparks, nova, conductivity. The general idea is just a durable caster.

Build here: CLICK

I have a points I'm unsure on.

-I could get two 8s and a 16% chaos resist. As an energy shield user is that something I would need endgame?

-I'm 2 points from 15% ES and cooldown recovery. Is recovery useful if its not stacked?

-Another options is +2 power charges & +15% duration. How vital are endurance/power charges?

-I'd like to have a back up plan for lightning immune stuff. I could grab 6/12% to fire or cold in the witch area and get 15% resist for that element too.

-I'm tempted to grab lord of the dead (10%hp 15%damage +1zombies +2skeletons) and two 10% minion life, but I doubt minions would be viable with just those passives.

-I could get 2% and 4% block with 20% defenses from shield. These would be my only block passives, but I do have tempest shield. I would have to choose between 50% block recovery and a +1%/12% of block vs spells.

General questions:

-Passives put me at 342 int, 162 str. Should I use a witch's focus instead of a kite shield?

-Should I be more focused on energy shield passives than health since I will have way more int?

-Since I end up so focused on ES is zealot's oath something I should grab even though I don't have regen? I could get 1% of hp regen also.

-Do I need crit passives to reliably shock things? I'm thinking of dropping the 3x3% cast speed nodes for the 15/15/25% crit near the witch's start.

Sorry for the wall of text. I greatly appreciate any advice or tips.
Last edited by deneweth on Jan 27, 2013, 5:48:49 PM
Thanks to verti for the beta key
Last edited by TorianKel on Jan 29, 2013, 11:25:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info