Staff/Lightning Strike Templar

So, I'm just going to start off by saying I'm new and only just started looking at this game, but in memory of my original character (staff/LS templar) before I started researching/theorycrafting, I made a preliminary build for said templar and was wondering if anyone had some tips/comments.

Build:

Thanks in advance.
that is pretty much what i wanted to build. The only thing i always wonder about is why every templar wants lightning damage. Is it just because of these few close lightning nodes?
why not cold or fire damage? are there a lot of end game content enemies that are resistent to that or something?
Last edited by Arbaros on Jan 27, 2013, 10:13:06 AM
Not sure as to why there are a lot of ls builds but here is a post I made a week ago about a fire build that I am running now. Seems to be ok so far. I died on HC due to not paying attention, but so far it has been ok for survivability

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/68930
As for the op's build.. I am not much on theory crafting yet but it seems to be a pretty good build. you have a lot of life nodes, which will prob suffice. I guess you'll be going with armour as your main stat? However, I noticed you dont have resolute tech, and that you have only speced into three accuracy nodes. You might want to look at picking up so more accuracy nodes or RT, depends on if you want to crit or not. Other than that I think it may be fine. Not sure about end game maps yet as I have never played them. I only had 3 chars in closed beta, and my highest level was 58, so take my advice how u will lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info