Templar - Core Double Totem/Curse/Health build + Summons

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVu1BOQiGmwZhSSqNulmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfNaKyyno_KQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdp48gW8EsxRN8B-iAI9G0NDPZVXGFm-boffXrJgUsDowOVK8N05tWAcCceNqpwi4k836fINirKFt1p2dgN0FN0dFR4M4YG3d82usna5dxg==

A core totem/curse build that uses 65 points. I didn't take any +% Elemental/Spell Damage or Speed Cast nodes since I heard that totems don't get the benefit for it. The difference between this and a Witch is that this one has more Life but less Mana while a witch has less Life and more Mana.

Then once I', done the core build I'll add points to Minions since I won't be doing damage myself anymore.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVu1BOQiGmwZhSSqNulmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfNaKyyno_KQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdp48gW8EsxRN8B-iAI9G0NDPZVXGFm-boffXrJgUsDowOVK8N05tWAcCceNqpwi4k836fINirKFt1p0MfRB_xp7ZCyqY-oCmrIhAkDPr7ij6gsfT-6h9WpFqrJUgRnG0DJMnv5fJPfIezLwQl0QEhWCqxEjnES2OviycSbIC42vbfRjsijdHa6xFR4M4nYBgbd3zXcadrt0F

In the end I'll have double Totems and an army of Zombies/Skeletons. I might use Spark+Fork for the Totems since the Shock can increase my minion's damage. I also took the Aura buff to add more survivability to my summons.

The only problem I might encounter with this build is the high mana cost. I could get Blood Magic, but I'd rather not since I have no experience with it.

Thoughts on it? Anything I should/n't do? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,
+Elemental Damage / +Spell Damage and +Cast Speed are adding bonuses to Spells with totem support gem, as they add to normal spell.
I don't know where you found that its not. So I think you should get some of those to increase damage.

Despite this thing, nice build tho. Good defense :-)
Hi
I´m playing same build right now (end act 2 cruel)
My build looks very similar exept for the curses.
But if you´re planning to go Dual Spark Totem like me u have to get static blows!
For the mana problem i´m planning to get Eldrich Battery and using Discipline for that.
After getting Eldrich i will most likely go into the with Tree for more mana rege etc. and get some minion Life notes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWwx9EH8UTRo4GmwfAilPLKc2xTrYRtdI503YVcZZ81orXcZgbWZPZ72BSYFvgpuDOIuMjHaPRpBVm6GdgJ2unjyiAKPypwinhLI4uJPAGsaez2XQ0Ngk2t3d8-Fz5CLsOO0g7m_wHw==
-> my build atm

Note that i haven´t take a lot of defensive notes yet but it still works fine with Zombie and Skeletons. I´m using 2x Bear Trap with added fire dmg for single Target like bosses and rares/mobs with high health.
Auras are atm clarity and leveling discipline and purity and might be looking for the armour aura to swap with purity.

May not be perfect but so far it works fine.

(if u find any grammar mistakes u can keep them it´s not my native language^^)

Last edited by CO_BY on Jan 27, 2013, 7:44:05 AM
Hi there, I would like to know if this kind of build (hybrid summon/totem) is still good for HC now in open beta?
Also, can someone tell me if taking Ancestral Bond means I can't deal damage when 2nd totem is up, or I can never again deal damage (from me directly ofcourse)?
"
Barium wrote:
Hi there, I would like to know if this kind of build (hybrid summon/totem) is still good for HC now in open beta?
Also, can someone tell me if taking Ancestral Bond means I can't deal damage when 2nd totem is up, or I can never again deal damage (from me directly ofcourse)?

Bump bump :)
I think this build is still very viable for HC i OB now, too. It's just like Kripp said: it's just more specialized.

With Ancestral Bond you can't do direct damage, no matter if you have at the moment 0,1 or 2 totems up.
Keep in mind that Traps,Mines and Summons don't count as a direct damage.
Last edited by Horuss on Jan 28, 2013, 3:52:40 AM
"
Horuss wrote:
I think this build is still very viable for HC i OB now, too. It's just like Kripp said: it's just more specialized.

With Ancestral Bond you can't do direct damage, no matter if you have at the moment 0,1 or 2 totems up.
Keep in mind that Traps,Mines and Summons don't count as a direct damage.

Damn I was afraid of that! Wanted to go with tanky/archery/totem build from CB (didn't test it thou), but now I am thinking about summon/defense/totem build (still don't know if 2 totems is a good idea for this now). :)
I really like the idea of this guide, I saw that totem Keystone and was like, 'MAN that sounds awesome!' But uh, How does this build work, like, early game? Starting out? I ask that meaning 'what direction do I take?' if I was to start with this build.

I understand PoE is 90% your own thing, 8% adapting to your situation, and 2% everything else. (and remember, 72% of statistics on the internet are made up on the spot.) But, for someone who, has been thinking about this sort of build idea, this does make a very nice 'Skeleton' to follow with.

So, what I'm asking is: Do you follow the more physical path first, working your way over to the double totems, or go the magic path first, playing as a tanky mage until you get some specific skill drops? (and what drops, are we watching for exactly?)

EDIT: Also: Ancestral bond says specifically 'Skill' Damage... do your basic attacks count for that? As I'm reading it, you'd be able to at least use the very basic auto attack for personal damage output.
Last edited by Zsword on Jan 28, 2013, 4:33:10 AM
I don't know what about normal auto-attack, but it's not viable source of damage for a caster :-)
I found around on this forum, that traps can be great source of damage, when you go dual-totem. Check it out, there are also guides on youtube, I heard that bear trap and fire trap are soo strong.

And about early game: you should play like a regular caster + minions until getting totem support gem. On passive tree pick up starting elemental damage, defense (life nodes, Body and Soul), and you'll be fine. Ofc don't go to Dual Totem Passive early game :-)
Personally i get exploding minions keystone and getting to double curse, getting some life/defense nodes in the way.
Ah, so you do the pewpew thing until muuuch later on, kaykay.

I've been dabbling in templars, and it always confused me seeing their... Physical/Magical/Conflicting/Nonsense. =P I'll definatly dabble in this though, especially since it kinda gives me a direction to move in without doing something TOO stupid.

God I love the skill tree for this game. >w<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info