Translation is forbidden?

Hi GGG, ive translated some of the game files to spanish for my friends and i want to know if its illegal or they can play your non-translated-lose-players game without ban risk.

BTW you mind to translate this game some day?
We can not officially condone editing the game files. We intend to translate the game sometime in the future but I'm afraid I can't provide you with any details at this point.
Im doing the same thing for chinese players with PoeString.

We packed the entire translated files as a zip and drag-n-drop into VisualGGPK.

Files could be translated:
Spoiler

Data\* with PoeString
Metadata\*.txt with UCS-2LE Editor
Metadata\UI\Common.ui with UCS-2LE Editor (to change the font settings, but the $fontName here is not global everywhere, some of the UI files use their own font settings)
Metadata\Items\Flasks\AbstractFlask.ot with UCS-2LE Editor
Metadata\Items\Gems\ActiveSkillGem.ot with UCS-2LE Editor
Metadata\Items\Gems\SupportSkillGem.ot with UCS-2LE Editor
Metadata\Items\Maps\AbstractMap.ot with UCS-2LE Editor

As stated, it is against policy/rules/ToS to modify the game files. Doing so could result in a ban. So please do so at your own risk, and when discussing it, you might want to make a disclaimer saying so, so that people are not confused on the issue.

*Disclaimer: Modifying game files is against the rules and could result in a ban, so do so at your own risk!
"
Drakier wrote:
As stated, it is against policy/rules/ToS to modify the game files. Doing so could result in a ban. So please do so at your own risk, and when discussing it, you might want to make a disclaimer saying so, so that people are not confused on the issue.

*Disclaimer: Modifying game files is against the rules and could result in a ban, so do so at your own risk!

LoL, and who are you to say that ?
"
lustar wrote:

I'm someone who's been around for quite a while and am very familiar with their policy. If you don't believe me, go read it for yourself.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone was clear that modifying game files IS a bannable offense if caught. I'm not saying necessarily that they'll ban you for using translations, but it is a possibility.

any modification of the game files are prohibited.

edit:

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

I direct you to section 6:

6. Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:

(b) Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of POE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence.
Last edited by Drakier on Jan 23, 2014, 1:23:56 PM
Anyways, will the translation occur?
Depends on the language:

Chinese & Russian are done by Garena but require you to play on their separate servers.

Portuguese, French and German are currently worked on via GGG and will be available later this year as options for the international version.

Other languages: maybe later.
"
lustar wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

Relax, all he said was the truth.. that its against their policy, and thats correct.

Since its not a official word yet if its right or wrong you have to stick that its not allowed till you hear someone say "sure go ahead", from the staff.

(edit saw the post date was 2014 now, someone had just digging up a old topic)
Last edited by marremurt on May 6, 2015, 1:31:59 PM
aRE YOU a summoner? You revived a dead post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info