Lost my HC char trying to solo Merveil

as much as I hate my unfair HC deaths due to connectivity... I can't stand playing SC nowadays.

SC feels like an endless, pointless, achievementless grind to the top based purely on how many hours in a day can I devote to it...

HC feels like I'm actually doing something game-worthy and has more of an 'earned by skill' feeling to it.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Garr0t wrote:
Out of curiosity, those of you that are playing HC, when(if) your char falls and it gets switched to SC, do you keep playing it, or do you delete it and stick to HC only?

I've lost a couple of low 30's HC characters to lag --- myself, I see no reason to delete them, but I haven't played them at all, I just rebuild a new HC character.
I have only died once during the 3 hour ladder race, and it was due to a lag spike/crash. If i did die on my lvl 47 temp i would just delete it and start again. There is no point in playing sc in my opinion. Its not as fun.

-Icy
#alphalife
After spending 30+ hours on my HC char just to lose it to a game crash I'm just sticking to default league until release.
"
kevn90 wrote:
After spending 30+ hours on my HC char just to lose it to a game crash I'm just sticking to default league until release.

Same here, I've died due to instability, and it's gotten on my nerves, so I play default until Release.
El Psy Congroo.
Thing is, there's absolutely no reason not to make a HC char. If you die, you can go playing in SC mode.
"
Scully wrote:
Thing is, there's absolutely no reason not to make a HC char. If you die, you can go playing in SC mode.

Well yeah, but opposed to making a new character to stay in HC.
El Psy Congroo.
Char died due to lag spike T.T it is a sad sad day RIP Ice Witch Titsicle
Lmao, that's where I died for the first time as well (though, not an HC character). Killed her and was like "Well, that was easy". BOOM SWARMED AWW S***
"
Garr0t wrote:
I thought I was doing pretty well against Merveil... Then she 'died' and I got swarmed and I accidentally ran down a dead end instead of a corridor. The swarm interrupted anything I tried to do (cast spell, fire bow, etc.) and I died.

That is all.

So far, I'm having a great experience with this game. No beta feedback comments from me at the moment, as I feel I haven't spent enough time (only about five hours) to form a proper opinion of the game yet.

Out of curiosity, those of you that are playing HC, when(if) your char falls and it gets switched to SC, do you keep playing it, or do you delete it and stick to HC only?

Awesome post man, keep going! The more I play the more I love this game! I did hit a wall for while where I was building bad chars. They failed or died in the 50s-60s and that was frustrating. But I kept going and I love it!

When they die they die. Softcore does not exist. Wellll, I use some dead chars to test builds when they get respecs but that's it. Been HC for 15 years and never going back!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info