Lost my HC char trying to solo Merveil

I thought I was doing pretty well against Merveil... Then she 'died' and I got swarmed and I accidentally ran down a dead end instead of a corridor. The swarm interrupted anything I tried to do (cast spell, fire bow, etc.) and I died.

That is all.

So far, I'm having a great experience with this game. No beta feedback comments from me at the moment, as I feel I haven't spent enough time (only about five hours) to form a proper opinion of the game yet.

Out of curiosity, those of you that are playing HC, when(if) your char falls and it gets switched to SC, do you keep playing it, or do you delete it and stick to HC only?
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Sep 12, 2011, 3:10:54 PM
Shame your characted died man, I hope that at least it was a learning experience!

"
Garr0t wrote:
Out of curiosity, those of you that are playing HC, when(if) your char falls and it gets switched to SC, do you keep playing it, or do you delete it and stick to HC only?

I have both SC and HC characters, I generally tend to salvage the gear of dead HC characters and move them to my SC stash, then delete the HC character.
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
I think a lot of people delete or just dont use the chars again, some of mine i've kept and play from time to time
I delete it if I want the name otherwise I just keep it and make a new HC character, I never play SC.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
So far I have kept my lost characters, but I sorta... lose my drive to play them. It's interesting, the effect is ALMOST the same as if death HAD been permanent, except that if I want I can use his gear again on a Default League character.
First I cry, then I take a shot, pray for it to RIP then click DELETE
"
Garr0t wrote:
are playing HC, when(if) your char falls and it gets switched to SC, do you keep playing it, or do you delete it and stick to HC only?

first time I died in hardcore I was level 56, I instantly deleted my character after putting her gear in the stash, as a remembrance to my first death, and remade her in hardcore.

default league should be renamed to league of shame or something
Ugh... now I feel so embarassed that I play in the default league... Is that so bad that I try out classes, game mechanics and builds on softcore? Oh dear...
"
Scully wrote:
DELETE. Better a quick death than the hell that is softcore.

Another of my chars killed due to a lag spike. :/
I save any unique items that I obtained (Merv's Tears, for ex), but destroy the rest and then delete the character and reuse the name and try again.

I don't know why because i hate perma-death in any other game, but in this game, once my character dies, I want to start over again. Being able to live again feels like cheating for some reason...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info