Sword/Shield Zeal's Oath Crit Templar

Hello m8s, I didnt see any similar build in the forum so I decided to make 1. I`m very new to this game, so i will be very glad if u give me some advice/help on this build. So here it is:

1h Shield Crit Templar

The Idea is to be Very tanky and in the same time deal a decent amount of dmg.As you will see key Skill points for Damage Dealing are:

Legendary Swordsman
Bloodthirst
Cruelty
2x Strong Arm
Cruelty

Defense:

2x Shield Mastery
2x Body and Soul
Zaelot's Oath
Bulwark
Troll's Blood

Sooo I have some questions:

1.How exactly does critical strike chance work and what is the cap of it?
2.What is the cap for Elemental Resistance?
3.What is the cap for Shield block chance?
4.Does skill points like Body and Soul and Strong Arm stack?
1.)Every weapon and every spell have base crit chance. Increased critical chance you get from various passives and items stacks additively together and then it's added as multiplier to your base critical chance.

Example: Let's say you are dual wielding 2 axes(base critical chance = 5%) and have 80% increased critical chance while dual wielding, 60% increased critical chance with axes and 160% increased critical chance from items and passives. Your final crit chance will be:
5%(base) * (1 + 0.8(dual wielding) + 0.6(axes) + 1,6(any) ) = 5% * 4 = 20% crit chance
NOTE: increased weapon chance on weapon mods applies only to attacks made with that weapon UNLESS it is "global" increased weapon chance.

Now, if you score a crit you will deal your normal damage * (150% + critical strike multiplier)
2.) 75%, but it can be increased with items and passives like Elemental Adaptation(X% increased maximum Y resistance), dunno if there is a hardcap.
3.) 75% as well
4.) Yes
Should you run into more doubts about mechanic visit http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki for help
Thank you, bro :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info