cold witch build

hey there . i created this thread guys to show build for witch cold.
how you grow your passive tree ?
what skills you use the most ?
what is viable on high difficulty ?
so im cold too i will post my build soon, need a little more lvl .
Currently I use cold snap, ice spear, freezing pulse, frost wall (dunno if that's the correct name), cold nova, summon zombies and summon spectres. I invested points in the whole cold tree (except the decreased freeze on self, worthless right now imo) and focused on more minion health,dmg and numbers. Currently lvl 33 I think.
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
And whats your opinion? Does it work? Are there flaws? Is it cake? What issues do you run into, if any?

Need MOAR info :)
Issues are that it's hard to kill stuff at first to make zombies and spectres, then it's a piece of cake because they tank the damage while you cast behind them. Also, you can pretty much be nuked by 1 mob if not careful while running around the battlefield.

Other then that it plays slowly than shock spam, but more fun and rewarding. I'm in ruthless currently, level 35 I think, and it's quite easy once you get that minion number.

I'm thinking of investing points into energy shield after I complete the minion skill tree. Also, as mentioned, you should have the cold skill tree maxed WITHOUT decreased freeze on self, wasted points if you ask me.
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
Last edited by turbo4i4ka on Sep 12, 2011, 9:41:20 AM
Get all the cold damage bonuses. Get the energy shield bonuses. After that it is matter of preference.
personally i would go with multi-support frost nova with added cold damage, added lightning damage, faster casting, reduced mana cost, increased critical strikes and do a CSR build in passives
Ice Spear with Multiple Projectiles/faster casting support gems is win. My sorc was mainly lightening but the spears are doing major dmg in Merciless right now. Gear with +spellpower/+cold items and faster casting, spec into crit strikes/cold skills, energy shield..I had to put a few points into dex tree since the dex of MP is 109, but it was worth it.

Definitely use zombies and specters, I try to make the specters ranged if possible and have one life flask (spectral life flask of animation) that gives minions life as well, helps for survivability.

Freezing pulse was great for lower levels, but doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot in merciless, but then again I don't have alot of points in cold tree (want respc lol)so it might be viable.

My sorc is 49 atm, mainly focusing on finishing up crit tree. Since the archers are nerfed now, it is quite a bit easier to solo, for me Felstone/church area seems to have the best drops, quickest is ledge since it is linear.

Level 36 ruthless cold witch here, everything I wear has rarity find on it (may not be a good idea but I wanted rare/good items while leveling), I had started using specters when it dropped for me in another difficulty (cruel perhaps?) and found it was nice to not have to keep using health flasks. Later I found the zombie gem and It's good, raise zombies if you've only got lame corpses around.

Flaws? Well I find myself just spamming cold snap when there are a bunch of ranged mobs, ass-cannons and skeleton archers.

Why? Well your spear isn't an AoE and if you get close for Pulse to become effective you're going to get stunlocked and be unable to get a cast off. Your zombies are slow in the movement department and are being picked apart, luckily they've got 1,100 hp (I'm not spec'd into any minion things but my helm has a +1 lv to minions).

Another problem with zombies is getting them to have the aggro, zombies have a really slow attack speed and if you need a rare mob off your butt one of those zombies needs to catch up and actually land a hit (rarely happens), same thing applies for ranged mobs.

Now to remedy this problem you could walk slowly and let the zombies run ahead since they have a six sense on danger (basically they know when the mobs know you are around).

Now with specters its a mixed bag. I don't like rangers [as specters]one bit though, run away and don't do any damage thanks you've been a big help.

Other than that It's just those three spells (Pulse, Snap, Spear) and the two Summons for me. So Pulse if you've got melee in your face, Snap to freeze/stun stuff in place so it doesn't do any damage, spear if its a rare mob or a single ranged mob.

(my spec grabbed a couple things from crit, ES, and Cold Dmg%. Currently two levels away from attaining Power Charges) http://i.imgur.com/OsHor.png

oh yeah and Duel wielding wands is a nice option when you've got a less than stellar offhand and a marginal upgrade to your main wand.
Last edited by flashpoint on Sep 13, 2011, 4:47:19 PM
Power charge is usefull for Cold ? i saw lot of light power charge effect.
I'm finishing the 2nd cold tree and after i will go to shield power or power charge.
I'm wondering if we can get charge by freezing,chilling etc?
No charges till lv 38?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info