The Catacombs

Is it just me, or is this area entirely useless? No quest objectives, doesn't lead anywhere, and it doesn't even have a guaranteed Large Chest!

I guess it's intended to have a Large Chest, as I stumbled upon a segment of the level that looked separate from the random generation and was filled with magic mobs, but, well, no chest. Felt like a giant waste of time to clear it out, seeing I was already ahead of the level curve.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Feb 23, 2016, 8:25:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, I've only found a large chest there.

But still, there's alot of magic mobs there so I guess it's good for grinding XP.
I guess it will be one of the places where you can farm for maps later in the game.
This area will have a related quest later.
At the moment it has a higher than usual golden chest chance. It can also be an area to help pick up XP if you're low.
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
"
Joel_GGG wrote:
At the moment it has a higher than usual golden chest chance. It can also be an area to help pick up XP if you're low.

Perhaps increase the mob density a bit to give it a slight edge in grinding.

EDIT: I agree with the map idea, perhaps make the catacombs likely to drop maps.
Last edited by Xendran on Jan 25, 2013, 8:04:57 PM
Personally catacombs seems like a rehash of the church dungeon, but without the atmosphere, and with wider corridors and room spaces. Comes across as a quick attempt to add more content, without adding any originality of design.

Oh well I suppose even the best rock album has at least 1 'filler' track.

Traveling in a fried-out combie, On a hippie trail head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, She took me in and gave me breakfast,
And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?, Where women glow and men plunder?"
Looking forward to the quest here, and I actually appreciated the change of pace fighting Cold Undead after all the fire undead in the Crematorium. As others have mentioned I would increase the density of the mobs a little bit...but not too much...to make farming more profitable.
"
Joel_GGG wrote:

What is that "higher than usual golden chest chance"?
5 visits and no large golden chest yet.

Edit: 6 visits and no large golden chest.

Last edited by McHuberts on Feb 17, 2013, 5:00:40 AM
Well, the golden chest chance is remarkably low most of the time anyway, so raising it by a certain amount still isn't enough to let McHuberts over there get one after 5-6 tries. Should note that I've only been in the Catacombs once and I got a golden chest there....
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
I have spend fair amount of time in Catacombs, count must be in 10s of clears. I do not recall seeing large chest once. I always cleared the whole map but never found one, randomly around the map or in the section that is always the same filled with rare/champion mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info