1h+shield LS build

If I wanted to use a this build but with a staff minus the shield and mace passives, would the same gems be ok to use or should I get other ones?
"
paraspam wrote:
If I wanted to use a this build but with a staff minus the shield and mace passives, would the same gems be ok to use or should I get other ones?

Personally I think you should be able to use the same gems but you will be in dire need of defensive auras (resistance - armor) because you will be lacking the shield + the shield talents increasing armor etc. Try it out you can always go back to 1h unless you go for 2h specializations
I was looking at your build and was thinking giving it a shot but i have a question.
If you look at passive skill tree north east of blood magic and south west of iron grip, you see a node with 5% reduced skill mana cost. Does that work on blood magic too?
Maybe not a bad idea to work from blood magic too iron grip and get that node along the way and get the 1h or shield node also
41 lvl now and have problem with int - cant use higher level blue support gems (elemental damage, rarity etc) and items :( How u guys deal with it? I already take 1 passive +30dex, did it fine if i get some int from passive for time to and reset it later (1 savant is not enought for me), or i need to search items with +stats? And again im asking - better choice for us is take armour with armour|ES?
and sorry for my english i know its very bad :/
IGN:xxd
2nd act cruel is to hard for soloed :( i suppose my gear is bunch of crap
got 1.1k armour
277dps LS with wrath on. 253 without.
armour 1185(38%)
evasion 13%
ES 138,
resists:
fire 75,
cold 38,
light 48,
chaos -20...
chance to block 26,
life regen 26.8,
LL from physical 6%.
where i need to make impruvment at 1st place?
now im here http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMOPBRxGS4jTSSLJ-0yiTpSPQ89_EA2RHJN2FBQVElWBFcNV-JYY18_cql35Xy7fNl99YFvhMSGYIx2jM-ePJ7NogCnMKyqtPm53cQVxPbG2NIh1I_ZYd-_51LvDvAf8i_2SPe-
IGN:xxd
My lvl 40 has no problems yet (but just starting so take it with a grain of salt)...

I have one big question for you: Why do you even carry a shield?, you have no shieldskills....

Your gear... Well, ffs get a better Shield ^^. Else, there are allways improvements to be made, you also seem to have pretty low +Live ont it but allready got tons of livenodes, which don't do that much atm when you don't have +live on most items?

Your skillbuild, while not beyond repair, is doing next to nothing for your dmg.

For comparison:
My Lightning strike (with Ele-DMG Gem and Phys-DMG Gem) is doing 464 DPS while still wielding a lvl 20 Mace (on lvl 44 i will get a better one, yay :)).

My other stats are pretty similar but i got 44% Blockchance (but i have no lifeleech yet)...

See my tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMZLhoyGjgdFCNNJ-0oxSlPMolANkE_RHJMNU99UWBR5lRJV-JZ818_Zp5wfXKpd-V82YBWgpuExJBVogCnhKmVrKq0L7T5ud3AGtSP3sHkredS7DjvDvAf87760g==

You for sure have more live than me atm... But thats about it and thats the issue i will solve next.
Last edited by Velr on Jan 30, 2013, 7:07:49 PM
I am running a similar build that I made up, that after looking at your build, apparently looks almost exactly the same. Only thing is, I have the same amount of INT nods as you, but thing is. You end up with 72 Int, to be able to wear the highest LVL gear, you need 78-82 INT. If you don't have any int giving gear, how would you recommend going about it? Would you consider getting 1 more 10int nod, and that would completely cover the requirements through end game? Just wondering, and thank you ahead for you or anyone else who is willing to answer.

My current DPS with LS is 608, at lvl 40.

By the way my build is
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMUTRkuJIsn7SkuMgkyiTpSPQ89_ENjRHJN2FBQVElWBFcNV-JYY1j1Xz9hUmaecU1yqXflfLh8u3zZgW-ExIZgjHaMz5rPncSePJ7Nn8uiAKcwrKq3MbndwBrEFcT2xtjSIdSP2WHfv-dS7w7wH_Iv9kj3vvfB-tI62Ow4GjinhJBVqWgPVIp0AnHFipMHRY69Obdy1YuvcxQgUEcB5zbo_InrCa3kJyDuFKCdnCc=
Last edited by cyberwolf575 on Jan 31, 2013, 1:52:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info