1h+shield LS build

hi, im new at game and trying play with ur build. Now 20lvl and everything ok - much much better and faster then my 2day expirience with witch-summoner :/. I have problem with choosen reward gems from quest. What spels did u use besides LS and ground slam? Mb some curse on lower light res?
And 1more - dont understand about itemisation what defence stat i need to stack? Armor|ES|evasion? Very sad to see penalty on run speed for heavy armor :(
IGN:xxd
Well I'm glad alot of people are enjoying it. About Iron Grip. I will be picking up that node on my marauder to see how it plays out with LS. I believe you can get a support gem for Iron grip if you wanted it that badly without giving up your defenses. Just another option.
could some inteligent guy analyze this build that I figured out?

is it too defensive?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwOrRRNFHEYsBjbGjghYCNNJ08n1Si1KaUyCTKJOlJANkCgQapDY0OcRHJEgVWpVgRX4lj1WfNdAGBLYIhhUmaecU1yqXTtdPF35XrvfNmExIZgkFWXtJrPncSeuZ_LogCnMKeErKqsurT5tzHAGsRY37_sOO9O8B_xivcy97746w==
Last edited by DJSRP on Jan 28, 2013, 12:49:42 PM
lvl 40 templar here using your build.

Working great so far. I am tank incarnate. Obviously things can change in act 2 cruel but we will see!

I am not changing my life regeneration to energy shield regeneration. I see no need to do that really.

Instead of going up to zealot I am going to go more mace damage.

Anyways just chiming in to say this build still rocks at act 1 cruel :P Still along way to go though.
The zealots oath works well with rejuv totem it turns its hp regen into shield regen and it goes really fast.
Hello,

I am a complete scrub to make this very clear from the start.

I've read the posts here and I started a templar following your build from the main page and I was wondering simply what kind of weapons are essential to have at what point (at what level / act difficulty) and what stats are most benefited from? Attack speed + hp or crit? Or maybe physical damage? How important is it to have a physical dmg weapon over an elemental dmg item?

Thank you for your responses , great community so far

Ed

Edit: What gems are crucial to have and when should they stop being leveled?
Last edited by Rahzzal on Jan 28, 2013, 4:56:43 PM
yestarday i was taken blood drinker but seems it doesnt work. I dont see any heal from it.
IGN:xxd
Bumping for help :(
"
Rahzzal wrote:
Hello,

I am a complete scrub to make this very clear from the start.

I've read the posts here and I started a templar following your build from the main page and I was wondering simply what kind of weapons are essential to have at what point (at what level / act difficulty) and what stats are most benefited from? Attack speed + hp or crit? Or maybe physical damage? How important is it to have a physical dmg weapon over an elemental dmg item?

Thank you for your responses , great community so far

Ed

Edit: What gems are crucial to have and when should they stop being leveled?

I got 2 templars:
1: lvl 43 Summoner/LS-Templar (which worked good in Act 2 Cruel - He did not have as much LS DMG but exploding Summons/Summons in General made up for it. But he was ridiculously weak vs Ele-DMG enemies/bosses because your "tanking" relies on the Zombie/Skeleton-Wall which seem to have like NO eleresists no matter what the tooltip sais).
2: Pure LS/Shield-Templar which is lvl 26 atm and already doing more LS DMG than the lvl 43... Due to having the better weapon already.

So my knowledge on actual "tanking with my own body" is lacking but in general when it comes to the offensive part:

Weapon... This seems to be the priority:
1: Physical-DMG is transformed into Elemental-DMG and therefore increases all your DMG.
2: Elemental-DMG increases only your Elemental-DMG...
3: Lightning-DMG
Attackspeed would be good, but don't think about it early on. Crit/Accuracy is useless because you should get the passive Skill that grants you max Accuracy but removes your chance to crit.

Don't "search" for a specific Mace (or Staff if you want to 2H) in the beginning, just use whatever grants the biggest DMG... My lvl 26 was ridiculously lucky with high phys-dmg Rare-Drops and used... 2H Mace -> 2h Staff -> 2h Staff -> 2h Axe -> 1h Sword -> 1h Mace (traded sword for it, similar DPS but 10% Ele-DMG instead of the useless accuracy that swords get. The Sword I found in Act 2 norm was already better than the Mace my lvl 43 is using ^^.

As for Skillgems, I would go with these:

If you go 1H/Shield

Bread and Butter:
Lightning Strike (obviously).
Tempest Shield (4% Block and some DMG that is just "there").
+Support Gems (Elemetal DMG, Phys-DMG, Added-Lightning-DMG, Lightning-Penetration, Life on Hit, Lifeleech...). But keep in mind that the Manacost of LS goes up with each... So you might not want the strongest possible LS because you would go OOM after a few strikes)

Useful:
Arc (some ranged DMG, useful in some situations doing pretty ok dps IF you have some extra ele/lightning DMG on Items or Skilled... I mainly used this to thin out ugly Packs in Rooms before entering them).
Leaping Blow (Mobility! At least during Act 1+2 in normal this is actually just ridiculously strong... I still 2 hit most Mobs with it towards the End of Act 2)
"That lower Lightning Res + Shockchance"-Curse :)... Very noticeable DMG boost.
Molten Shield or whatever it's called (10s huge Armor increase with some DMG).

Auras:
Clarity (more Manareg, way lower Manapool, try out yourself what works better for you).
Wrath (some more DMG).
You probably won't be able to run Clarity, Wrath and Tempest Shield... So chose wisely ;).

Bonus:
Glacial Hammer (or whatever "works" depending on the weapon you use) + Gems for increased Droprate and/or Rarity (to lasthit special Mobs with.. Get them items rolling ;)).
Thanks for the great post it really gave me alot of insight.

I'm currently just boosting through the game but as it seems I won't be able to level my LS or wep ele dmg anymore because it seems to be leeching alot of mana (ls at lvl 5 and WeD is at 3)

Gona try out the curse gem hope it helps me

Thanks again

Ed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info