1h+shield LS build

"
KainRa wrote:
Thanks for the answer, one more question however, do you think it would be possible to alternate this build with a 2h mace? Since I'm guessing you're not using tempest shield, since it reserves a whooping 25% hp (35% with gem), I'm just curious how much does an actual shield with hardly any shield nodes increase yuor defence.
I'm lvl 35 currently, just grabbed Blood Magic with some life nodes and its going o.k, but I'm just curious if I could still alter the build a bit.

two handers work great for the build. I tend to run two handers till i usually hit blood magic. I do like using shield charge for the extra mobility in case i get surrounded or something though. I might pick up some more shield nodes if i feel the need for it.
Thank you again for such a quick response, I don't wanna nag you with more questions, however you said you switch to shields after you get BM, but I was opting more towards going all out on 2 handers till the end(picking 2 handed mace nodes instead of 1h etc.), do you think it would still be surivable without a shield at higher difficulties?
[edit]
Also for mobility instead of shield charge, I found using leap slam very handy :)
Last edited by KainRa on Jan 27, 2013, 12:57:58 PM
To be honest I dont have any experience end game so I dont wanna say yes or no and steer you in the wrong direction. Ive heard of people focusing on 2handers and LS during CB. And yes I was going to say Leap slam would be a very good alternative.
yeah, you're right, I guess I'll just have to see for myself :).
Btw, what other gems besides life on hit are you recommending in your LS?
I'm currently running with life on hit and Elemental Weapon Damage, but was wondering what to put in 4th (Chain, LMP?) once I finally get a 4 chain piece.
Yea I'm also wondering what to support my LS with. Right now I have +melee physical and +weapon elemental dmg. chain? fork? LMP? GMP? life on hit?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuExERyQDYjTbT58B-iAASzMolX4nflgW-ePE3YjHZ8uySLPQ_E9sQVJ-2sqnKpfNkZ6d7B5K3AGouM4XPtIEbXZp6plVFgGjJwfU99gFZxTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncT60h0UTDUoxfO-44LnC96wkFUTW2TnVdbz3VHmtC9BPzbp42okqhmFFE0CcfcygSvfspSHWD2exXdiGmzkIilPgpuPRtDQm6Fnve5vGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjPfx8uCkuxtinhBo4M5ZzP0GMz2VVxn31_c8Wbw==

I went with this one basically cause looks solid enough , any thoughts?
I run life on hit and weapon elemental damage and havent been able to really see a fourth so I cant say what works best but im definitely aiming for chain or possibly fork. faster attack speed possibly. I would assume chain though. if i understand the gem well enough it seems like once you have that you would just blow through mobs redicuously fast.

I love how this thread was suppose to be people critiquing my build but just turned around to everyone liking and asking me questions...i guess its a good build then?
I think its because many new players (like me) visit these boards looking for a decent build to start with, and while I would love to give critique on it, I simply feel I'm not experienced enough yet. But for what its worth this is the most fun build I've had so far, and I must say I rerolled quite a bit :D.
Btw, to give some input or a different view, I was thinking of altering something, skipping the upper templar talents and going for Iron Grip instead, like this:

I think it could work because of all the STR in the build, IG could boost dps significantly, but I'm still not sure is it worth it instead of grabbing the shield and armor talents.
Last edited by KainRa on Jan 28, 2013, 5:37:32 AM
Okay, i read ur whole thread, and i have to say i like it alot. I would love to have some long range attack to deal with the bigger packs, so far i havent had any problems tho, except in the narrow dungeons before Vaal, those elemental casters hurt a little when theres 10 of them.

So this is my current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMOPA9UFE0UcRo4JIsn7TrYPQ9BqkRyTP9yqXy7fNmExIp0kFWiAKcwp4SpaKyqr2zE9sWK7DjwH_Nx9zL3vvjr

Im using 2h axe and 2h mace, (cold damage axe for sweeping bigger packs, and mace for ground slamming hardhitters)

Is there any way i can make my build work with ur LS build? Or is there any advice where/what should i do with my build right now, because this is my first character and im totally clueless. I have around 700hp 190mp. A point away from BM. I have leveled my anger gem to be ready if i ever take BM.

Any advice or reply would be awesome.
Hmm.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVsR2xPMFE0VUBZAGS4aMh8CJ-0pLilPMBky0TbFOthBP0NjRHJFR0bXTdhP81FgUeZR-VXGVw1Y9VnzXcZgbWaeZ5tnvXA-cU1yqXYRd2J82X1Tfq-AVoKbgziExIV9hcWLjIx2j0aQVZrPm6GdgJ3EoLSiAKcIqWiplapSrKq0L7T5tQS2hrcxuJO53cAaxPbMt89l0NDUj9V12CTZYd3z3sHhc-RR5K3mfOeu7Djsy-0g7w7wH_LO8wbz3fuq

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info