1h+shield LS build

It's a bit confusing at first.

Ok let's take LS (Lightning Strike)
the lightning damage dealt is dependant on the physical damage of the weapon. The physical damage of the weapon however consists of (weapon base damage* ((one handed melee weapon physical damage bonus (if it is a one handed melee weapon such as a mace)) + (weapontype specific weapon damage (mace for example))) and does NOT include skills that state "increase melee damage".

That absically means - if you use a onehanded mace with a skill that grants 10% to one handed melee weapon physical dmg, then that is applied to the physical and lightning portion. A skill that "increases melee physical damage" only increases the physical portion as it isn't considered part of the weapon damage that the lightning portion is absed on.

If that is still confusing blame it on the half bottle of wine i allready had ^^
More a marauder than templar ;( I don't doubt it's effectiveness, though.
"
SirCookiemon wrote:

That absically means - if you use a onehanded mace with a skill that grants 10% to one handed melee weapon physical dmg, then that is applied to the physical and lightning portion. A skill that "increases melee physical damage" only increases the physical portion as it isn't considered part of the weapon damage that the lightning portion is absed on.

So some of the talents picked up in the tree, for example: Mace Dmg + Bonesmasher (adds phys. with maces) applies to BOTH physical / lightning (elemental) portion of the damage, but the first talents picked up, for example: Melee dmg 12/10%s (first 2) only add to the physical portion and not the elemental portion of skills?

I like complicated, but damn this skill tree...
You just have to take what the skill description says literally and you'll be dead on 99% of all cases, the rest are bugs or bad wording =/

oh and yes and yes to your example afaik
Since you are picking up RT in this build - how are the damage without shock debuffs from lightningstrike ? Maybe it would be worth it to pick up "Static Blows" and "chance to shock" nodes ? ( chance to shock on hit)
Last edited by scrp on Jan 25, 2013, 7:30:01 AM
removing wrong post
Last edited by Antharaz on Jan 25, 2013, 2:44:44 PM
Could you please tell us what Skillgems you are using?
Thanks in advance :-)
Fade you can probably buy +life on hit support gem on the market.
"
FadeXF wrote:
Am level 36 now and maaaan... this is not going very well guys.

I find that I can't do enough damage fast enough in packs of, say about 7-8 mobs... and nearly die before even getting into combat - especially if there are 2x casters against me.

I don't know if this is just a bit of a lull in the build, and if I should expect to get more powerful as I progress.

I am in full yellow gears, but I still have not gotten ahold of any type of LS gems.

Is anyone else working through this build and having success? The OP seems to have dropped off the map.

EDIT: I should maybe post where I'm at... so am level 36 and fighting in Act3 "Barracks" vs level 32 mobs... so really at this point I should have zero issues, but I for sure die a lot using this build. I am heading to the shield and armor buffs now... but even still, it feels like I am just not beefy enough. I took the 8% resist reward in A2, and I do have SOME resists 17->70%s in everything.

like i said i played a marauder with this build and picked up mostly the same talents listed but just started early game at a different place. I had a life on hit gem with lightning strike and weapon elemental damage i believe. i used LS for killing mobs fast but with the packs your talking about i used ground slam with fire damage and life on hit as well. I could spam ridicuously fast and would maybe pop one health potion if i needed to. I tried using LS as a aoe as you are and I couldnt kill mobs fast enough but with ground slam i was destroying them when i needed to and LS would take care of any one mob or pack of 3-4 very fast.
I have to stress that the life on hit gems were a necessity. Otherwise you blow through your health to fast without a dedicated means to get it back. With those gems LS cost nothing and ground slam was a very easy way to get alot of health back at once. My gems all were lvled to the point of giving 16-18 health per hit. LS gave like 48 and ground slam however many mobs were hit by*18. It was very effecient way of leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info