1h+shield LS build

This is the build I plan on using for open beta. Looking for advice on whether this is viable or needs some more defensive options. I set my points up to where I can easily get more armor, resistances or life depending on what I need. Would like some advice on how this works out and whether getting the life regen to energy shield is good with blood magic.

My Build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMOPA_MFE0UcRkuGekjTSSLJ-0pLjIJMok6Uj0PPfxANkNjRHJN2FBQUWBUSVYEVw1X4lhjWPVfP2FSZp5xTXKpd-V8uHy7fNmBb4TEhmCMdozPms-dxJ48ns2fy6IApmSnMKmVrKq0-bcxud3AGsQVxPbG2MmY0iHUj9lh3sHfv-St51LvDvAf8i_2SPe-98H60g==
Definably a viable build considering you were 6th or 7th in the one week race Hardcore?! Solid.

Could you perhaps post the gear and what mods you would want to aim for? :D
Winning Is Right, Losing is Wrong, Evolve or Die!
Bare with me considering the only play I've seen is a lvl 45 marauder with a build very very similar to this but I can definitely say once I had Lightning Strike with a +life for every enemy hit gem and blood magic my play completely changed. I was extremely tanking and was able to clear mobs very fast to. I used ground slam with a +life gem as well. I ended up getting a 4 link socket that made LS hit like a truck. I cleared the second difficulty in less then a day. Its a slow build at first but once you get key passives it improves greatly. Im interested to see how the templar does with it.
I really like the build. I've been looking for a LS Templar build.I'm new to the game, can you explain how you would level up as this build? What points you would get first, what gear you would pick up, what skills you would use etc.

Thanks for the post.
I started with melee damage in templar tree and worked over to the armor and energy shield passives. then im going to go down to resolute technique. then pick up some mace damage. then get the 2% attack damage life steal passive and by then either pick up more life, more mace damage, or straight to blood magic depending on what gems and items I get.
I really really like this build.

Fooly_Cooly could you explain your reasoning and thought behind taking Zealot's Oath and Blood Magic and how those two nodes interact with each other? Basically your thought process behind taking those two nodes?

I'm pretty new to the game but I'm guessing you'd build out items for high life regen, high hp/ES with this build?
Well thats actually kind of the focal point about this thread. Zealot's Oath and Blood Magic. Zealot's oath was just added in the OB so I have no experience with it. More or less wanted to know others opinion on if those to would work together or if the life regen is that needed for blood magic. When I was on my marauder I had a lot of life back gems so I had plenty of lifesteal for blood magic. I mostly aimed for High health, High ES. I breazed through the Cruel and was on Merciless and never felt pressured by anyone. I would literally just run up to a pack of mobs no matter who and just tank em all while spamming either LS or groundslam. Very effecient lvling.
Hey fooly, I could use some gear advice, beginning, middle, and end.
What abilities are you mainly using atm?
What kind of weapon are you going for?

I'm still VERY new, and confused with the Mace picking up talents in conjunction with the Elemental % from weapon talents.

Temps starting weapon is a 1H mace, does physical dmg, yet adds increased elemental dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info