Keeping our beta characters after release

I don't think they will carry over.

It seems to me that GGG are running an actual Beta. Not like most of these devs that just release a little early with a "beta" tag slapped on.
it would it be fair for the rest of the players for the select few to have there beta toon after full game comes out

the only reason i use the word toon is im lazy and dont feel like typing the word characters
Some hopeful always posts a thread like this, but it's just not a realistic expectation for a number of reasons. In open beta there is a slight chance of carry over if the open beta is more for marketing than actual balancing or bug fixing. Other than that though, there definitely won't be a carry over from CB to any other phase, let alone release. This is why I make it a rule to not get attached to anything I'm doing in beta and not put to much effort into progression until after the "OK" has been given from the devs that there will be no wipes from that point forward.
The cost involved would essentially just be the database space it takes up, which would literally cost like 0.00001% of their operating cost, so it's not a factor.

Would the leagues survive for long? I seriously doubt it. I don't think anyone would seriously play there after about a week or so.

Additionally, it was stated at the very beginning, and has been stated multiple times since that there will be at LEAST a wipe for the end of closed beta... I believe that they should stick to their word.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I don't understand why you would want to keep your characters from the beta if they are in some segregated off "ghost town" that most people have abandoned?

I think one nice thing in terms of "keeping characters" would be to give beta testers a chance to get their beta character names back before others can use them though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info