Multiple Accounts Utter Garbage

edit: nvm, found the answer to my question.
Last edited by shogun1991 on Sep 11, 2011, 5:19:23 PM
"
yanloup wrote:
"
Wolmack wrote:
If you make multiple accounts you're just an idiot trying to cheat a fair system.

LOL

This system:
- elects inactive people at the expense of active ones
- generates frustration
- can be cheated without any difficulty

Off hand, 3 reasons to state that it isn't fair.
I'm going to break down your three reasons why you say the system isn't fair:

- elects inactive people at the expense of active ones
It also elects brand new accounts at the "expense" of people who have been waiting months, even a year for this game. It's really at no one's expense, since there was nothing put into the effort to get a key. A better term to use would be "instead" of active people. Chris has already stated that they don't want to exclude accounts simply based on login or posting activity. You don't have to log in to read the news or forum, and logging in doesn't "support" the game in any way. Not everyone feels the need to spam up the forums for a post count. On the same note, if they gave keys out based on activity/quality, you probably wouldn't get one. All but 2 of your posts are complaining about not getting in.

- can be cheated without any difficulty
This is a terrible response to Wolmack's statement, as it nullifies itself. The system is inherently fair, barring the cheaters. No matter what system is used, people will try to exploit it, therefore no system could be fair by your standard.

- generates frustration
This system is no different from many other betas, except that this one shows who is being selected. It's meant to be a form of excitement. If it's frustrating that you haven't made it into the closed beta after and entire month of waiting, you might want to find something else to pass the time. There are thousands of others waiting to play the game, many of which have waited much longer.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Sep 11, 2011, 5:19:29 PM
One account is all I need. Closed Beta Hwaiting.
multiple accounts are stupid, and WhiteBoy88
is correct on his response. however "lurkers", people who don't log on but simply look at forums, also are a problem, to me the sign of a multiple account, is an account that has only been active for 1-5 mins, we have all seen plenty of these win beta keys, however it is just as likely that this person could be a "lurker", we don't know.

simply put, a solution to this problem is just have the lurkers log on when they want to look at forums. they don't have to post at all, but it will show when the logged on and for how long, thus making it obvious that there is really a person using this account thus clearing the name on that account that its just a multi.
PoE Caster hopeful!
I am pretty sure that they get banned, when they get caught, and rightfully so. I use one account, to make it fair, I also think that it is more satisfying when you get the beta key in a fair way.
Without truth, there is no justice.
Yeah, I've seen plenty farmers there. No idea why they do so, like someone named 'Xsander48', saw this nickname few times with another numbers. Or maybe it was just my imagination...

Anyways, we can still count on good community and help ourselves.
Plz people stop creating multiple accounts as it reduces the chance of other people besides yourself to get invited!

Dont be selfish! Better to have an active ingame community than a handful of people with many accounts!
^I Agree! One acc should do fine!
Lets Duel :)
1 account and hopefully a beta tester someday ^^ Besides i couldent live with a beta account called something like Zatra49344
agree one account and they should stop sending beta invites to 2 days old members and inactive ones :|

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info