how important/unimportant is gold in poe?

As Titel says:got gold in poe a value(besides respec)?Got Merchants good stuff for sell?
Didnt see much about economy in poe yet most ingame footage is about killing/skillsystem.
As well lots of vids of them didnt picked much loot(worthless certain colors at a point)
Im pretty sure money/gold isn't in the game yet.
Posted that one bit too quickly XD just saw thread about it later on>.>currency items
There is no gold atm in the beta but they have said and even the venders in the beta say that there will be money in the game later on.
While there's no set currency, currency items will be quite important, since they are also the crafting mechanic in the game (and oh, what a developed crafting mechanic it is!). Since most of the crafting items produce random results (such as making a random rare, or adding a random mod), there's a great dichotomy between "do I use this as currency" or "do I just use this." So, instead of fairly arbitrary gold sinks to keep the economy from going nuts, regular game play will help damper the effects of inflation.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
"
TomBombadil wrote:
While there's no set currency, currency items will be quite important, since they are also the crafting mechanic in the game (and oh, what a developed crafting mechanic it is!). Since most of the crafting items produce random results (such as making a random rare, or adding a random mod), there's a great dichotomy between "do I use this as currency" or "do I just use this." So, instead of fairly arbitrary gold sinks to keep the economy from going nuts, regular game play will help damper the effects of inflation.

From what I have heard and seen, I do believe that orbs will be the main currency.

Think of it like Stones of Jordans or High Runes in Diablo II
"
clubwise wrote:

From what I have heard and seen, I do believe that orbs will be the main currency.

Exactly, but it's even better since the orbs will be also constantly USED to craft items, thus setting up a natural currency sink instead of an arbitrary one.

Which, I suppose was also try true of high end runes, except for the vast majority of the time they were wickedly rare to get legitimately.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
Last edited by TomBombadil on Sep 11, 2011, 11:09:01 AM
I think it will be pretty important, but don't know for sure.
"
clubwise wrote:

Right. Gold will never be added to PoE.
Forum Sheriff
There is no gold, and there will never be gold. Vendors and players will use the consumable currency items and gear for trade.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info