Who agrees??

From what I have seen from HoN, going for micro-transactions seems to be a more "secure" option. Considering HoN went for the $30 fee initially then ended up switching to a free to play model, with a shop.

Free-to-play just increases the amount of players, and therefore increases the chance of people using micro-transactions.

But hey this is just my opinion, Always willing to support games that I enjoy.
I think the whole module of "paying for games" is and will be changing even more in the future specially for computer gaming.

I mean in the past few years it was pretty commun to pay 20~50 bucks for a game and then be dissapointed, "well it doesn't run very well on my machine" or "this is very short" or "this is not worth the price tag".

There are now thousands of (indy) companies making "smaller" games for free and then once they're stable and running they open the microtansactions, get some money in and then they just keep adding to the game.

For the costumer this is a better deal since he/she can test and play the game by steps while paying for it also by steps if he/she so desire.
“We must become the change we want to see.”
Mahatma Gandhi
I think PoE will be the first F2P game in which I will spend some money, because PoE is the game I was waiting for several years already and I really like the people from GGG aswell :)
IGN=Lupina
"
Nesh wrote:
I think PoE will be the first F2P game in which I will spend some money, because PoE is the game I was waiting for several years already and I really like the people from GGG aswell :)

You summed up pretty much everything I was going to say.
I agree with you!
"
Nesh wrote:

TF2 was the first game for me that inspired this feeling, but the same feeling carries on towards PoE. I just hope I get a beta invite soon.
"
adamdk wrote:
I meant as a option, not as the only way to play, like DDO both have microtransaction and sup so you have to option to pay by microtransaction or by sup.

So like donating basically?
i would pay $30USD for online only or $60USD if i can get an offline mode
I'm torn in this matter. On the one hand, I'm really not a fan of the microtransaction model whatsoever. I actually hate it. It's typically horrendously exploitative and only works in favor of the publisher/developer, never the gaming community being milked by it.

That being said, they are claiming they will be making their money from skins, cosmetic items, and otherwise non-game changing items. So long as they hold true to this, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and support them until such a time that they go back on their word.

Considering this game is going to be going up against games of the same type with much bigger marketing teams, the F2P aspect will potentially help them in the long run as there won't be any barrier to entry and people will be more likely to give it a shot.

Additionally, there is one benefit that may come from this, in that they will need to continue to produce content to keep people coming to the store and funding the title. With games like D3 you pretty much get what comes in the box and that's it (D3 is charging a box price and then milking people with a bunch of AH charges, the real cash AH I'm not a fan of to begin with...). So long as GGG doesn't strip out things to resell, you will be getting most of the game up front, with additional content being added over time that you can get a la carte to support the game. So while it would be nice to just buy it and be sure you're getting everything, so long as they're not just chopping up bits of the game to resell rather than producing legitimately new content, it may provide more longevity to the game to keep with selling customization/expansions via the cash shop.
"
adamdk wrote:
I would like to make a one time payment to get all the stuff can you buy by microtransaction.

They probably won't do something like this cause it prevents them from having expensive status symbols for people who need to show off.

I'm not saying they are gonna overprice the whole shop, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a handful of expensive showoff items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info