Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bars wrote:
"
I am so confused... How can you cast barrage while it's on the item with CoC? CoC blocks casting of supported gems... isn't barrage the main attack used to trigger EK? I must be missing something here.

Barrage is an attack. When you link CoC to an attack, this attack will trigger all linked spells when it crits.

Other support gems, like life leech or chain, will work both for the attack, i.e. Barrage, and for the spells it's linked to.

Wait I'm dumb, I forgot to equip a wand when testing this.
Last edited by Vedgy on Mar 26, 2014, 6:10:23 PM
edit: angry post removed, insert ponies and daisies here
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 27, 2014, 2:45:36 AM
"
Bars wrote:
I do believe you are supposed to use a staunching flask for Dominus 2nd form XD

LOL yeah, luckily i had a mana flask in inventory that removes curses :P

but didn't even have to use it much, except when kiting, cuz i was hitting him fast enough to out leech the degen

also If we manage to cap resists without using purity, what other auras would u suggest? The only ones i see that are attainable (40% reserves) are resist auras and vitality (but with vaal pact there is no point for this).

I was thinking late game 77+ maps, summon skeletons wouldn't really help because bosses can 1 hit ko the mobs you summon anyways :(

So maybe then switch to lightning coil / higher armour + life 6L ? I would still like to use cold snap however instead of chain, but will experiment once I am that level :P

What do you think?

About 77 maps - since I've never done them, I can't have an opinion on the matter. But I'm pretty sure that if you have a 6-link voll and use one of that links for skeletons, it will work well, since you'll re-summon them with each attack. Can't really say more.

edit: about Dominus 2nd form - you need a de-bleeding flask (staunching) for the corrupting blood, not a de-cursing (warding).
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 27, 2014, 4:58:12 AM
"
Bars wrote:
About 77 maps - since I've never done them, I can't have an opinion on the matter. But I'm pretty sure that if you have a 6-link voll and use one of that links for skeletons, it will work well, since you'll re-summon them with each attack. Can't really say more.

edit: about Dominus 2nd form - you need a de-bleeding flask (staunching) for the corrupting blood, not a de-cursing (warding).

That explains a lot ...

although didn't even notice cuz i was just relying on leech >.>

and for summoning skeletons .. it works almost like a constant decoy totem. Which is really good but if dps isn't enough, it'll really just be a draw. So late game maybe we should switch out summon skeleton with a gem to increase dps. Periodically switch from SK to dps depending on the map. was trying to kill an exile in a party of 6 doing maps today..... summon skeletons constantly with vulnerability and 5 people attacking didnt seem to be able to kill him (this was on a 68 map too).

So solo-ing i think SK would be nice but in party play it is prob better to increase dps (since we have melee builds instead of skeletons doing the tanking for us )
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 27, 2014, 5:19:29 AM
Well, it's a nice decoy, not a magic trick that solves everything. Experiment and find whatever works best for you. For party play - if you have a good tank or a summoner, it would be unnecessary, of course. Even detrimental because some players' FPS might drop too much.

edit: if the exile was Xaro Blooddrinker, no surprise there
Last edited by Bars on Mar 27, 2014, 5:40:19 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

That explains a lot ...

although didn't even notice cuz i was just relying on leech >.>

and for summoning skeletons .. it works almost like a constant decoy totem. Which is really good but if dps isn't enough, it'll really just be a draw. So late game maybe we should switch out summon skeleton with a gem to increase dps. Periodically switch from SK to dps depending on the map. was trying to kill an exile in a party of 6 doing maps today..... summon skeletons constantly with vulnerability and 5 people attacking didnt seem to be able to kill him (this was on a 68 map too).

So solo-ing i think SK would be nice but in party play it is prob better to increase dps (since we have melee builds instead of skeletons doing the tanking for us )

was probably a life leech exile. your skels were just feeding him...

a lot of things can 1 shot skels way before 77. they don't need to survive. they just need to keep drawing aggro away from you

I wouldn't use skels in a group anyways, unless absolutely necessary (weak teammates + hybrid widow, kole, that roa asshole in thicket, etc). all the body bumping they cause and their load in lag creates terrible desync and is likely to screw over your melee party members. you're better off using the slot for more dps to compensate for increased mob hp and leave the meatshielding to players
I definately agree with that, and for late game, survivability is huge.

We definately might need grab a 6L high ev/ar chest (if i ever get enough currency for it) or even lightning coil and then switch in maligaros. this way i can swap out some mana nodes for dps ones and just use pcoc with cold snap instead of chain (more dps and nice freeze bonus)

Belly of the beast would be a good choice if we can roll the colors we want tho (30-40% inc health, 50% more life from flasks, and 15 all resist )

For higher dps we could use 6L voll's but it seems a lot of ppl have trouble surviving (even tho dps is super nice)

The thing is i just dont have the luxury to experiment atm because i can't afford to buy 6L version of everything (or anything really) and see which i like :(

That's why im here, trying to look for insight on forums from people who have, so i know which direction to push my build towards xD

However, will definately want to level to 85+ and run some late game maps before I actually start saving for any armour lol. Asking early so I won't run into a brick wall and then wait for a few weeks trying to figure out what would work best. this way when i do, i would be able to know what i need :)
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 27, 2014, 5:56:28 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
I definately agree with that, and for late game, survivability is huge.

We definately might need grab a 6L high ev/ar chest (if i ever get enough currency for it) or even lightning coil and then switch in maligaros. this way i can swap out some mana nodes for dps ones and just use pcoc with cold snap instead of chain (more dps and nice freeze bonus)

Belly of the beast would be a good choice if we can roll the colors we want tho (30-40% inc health, 50% more life from flasks, and 15 all resist )

For higher dps we could use 6L voll's but it seems a lot of ppl have trouble surviving (even tho dps is super nice)

The thing is i just dont have the luxury to experiment atm because i can't afford to buy 6L version of everything (or anything really) and see which i like :(

That's why im here, trying to look for insight on forums from people who have, so i know which direction to push my build towards xD

However, will definately want to level to 85+ and run some late game maps before I actually start saving for any armour lol. Asking early so I won't run into a brick wall and then wait for a few weeks trying to figure out what would work best. this way when i do, i would be able to know what i need :)

pcoc and cold snap won't work very well. voll's is 1 power charge per mob hit with a crit. pcoc is 1 power charge per ability that crits...and isn't 100%

I don't think lightning coil is right for this build either. coil is for pure evade builds who don't have much phys reduction otherwise...we're running IR, which means we walk around with 5k armor minimum and can easily get it to ridiculous values with granite + jade combo. our phys mitigation is not a problem

the real problem is life and lack of +max res. 75 really isn't good enough for difficult map bosses...and the overuse of unis takes away a lot of potential life sources. my work around for it has been get aura effect nodes, and cap your res without purity so you can switch in purity of x to counter map bosses. also lets you counter ele weakness maps by running purity
totally forgot that pcoc is a chance while voll's is 100%

dam... boswer have you been using this build for late game runs (or 74 +)? What do you use? chain or voll's and cold snap?

Because I was thinking if we use a 6L armour and cap resists without purity, we could swap in artic armour (just get more mana nodes + mana regen), and we would be very tanky (which what this build really needs)

we could do the same with voll's if we can afford tri resist gear, and then use artic armour so we can attain dps through cold snap + maybe added cold damage or chaos dmg or something .... while having enough survivability.

but ofc, we would need to do this way later into the game (perhaps around lvl 95 where we can actually get enough mana nodes to sustain artic armour) although we could get more mana + regen through gear as well.

edit: 4 points for eldritch battery, better than grabbing + mana nodes imo cuz it can scale much faster( especially if we grab an eva/es chest) depends on your gear ofc.

ONE MORE THING: mind drinker (2% mana leech)

i find that with enough mana, this node is useless (and enough mana means like 30 mana remaining)

what do you guys think, because i have been running with 18 mana left (14 cost of barrage) and lvl 4 clarity and i am fine without mind drinker. what do you guys think?
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 27, 2014, 6:55:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info