[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
senrath wrote:
No, you need to level up the Firestorm + Molten Shell CwDT. As for the ones not casting, make sure you don't have gems with higher level requirements than your CwDT can support.

all gems are lvl 1, as i said im lvl 34, didnt lvl any :D

so all skills proc ??
They should all proc, yes.
Thank you for the info.

All works great, i was probably either blind , or the re-arrange on gems worked ^^ Im loving it

Level 24 on this awesome build well done! Loving it so far!
Some questions.

How does faster casting compare to faster projectiles in support of Incinerate?
I ask as getting the off-colours is a bitch, and faster casting is blue. (and I already have a high Q faster casting gem).

You don't grab the projectile damage nodes near Ballistic Mastery node, do they not work with Incinerate?

Do we really need all those strength points to get Unwavering Stance, wouldn't an Eye of Chayula serve the purpose (and provide IIR)?

By avoiding WS, I can save some skills to use for life:

Gives me 379 life instead of 321. -20% I get 303 (I think, not sure how that 20% is applied), and this ignores the +16 to all stats (which would add more life of course)

Thanks!
IGN: Kulde
Last edited by Yxalitis on Jan 13, 2014, 6:26:29 PM
@MuskelGallom: As a witch, you won't get faster projectiles(even though you do get proj attack damage(?)), something quite important for leveling imo. So you'd still need to make another char to get that gem.

I'd say, make a witch, level it to brutus(lvl 10, shouldn't take longer then an hour), then swap to a scion, and go all the way.
Or play with a witch friend, and make him get incinerate for you :D

You can go either way, see whatever way fits best for you :)

@Yxalitis: Faster Casting is definitely a viable support, though you might want to go with a 20% Q incinerate then, the range loss is noticeable. Though, it should even be playable without a Q incinerate, since LW will make sure you get in range for anything you need to attack :)

The eye of Chayula... well I have mixed feelings about it. It is great for the build, but the 20% less life hurts. Since you are not going near US, you will also miss the 2x12 life nodes, to you will lose a total of 44%life for 7 points. I suppose you could do so by trying something like this. But other then US and IR, the amulet doesn't offer much good, you will lose resist, life, and maybe something like cast speed/spelldamage, you could otherwise get on an amul.

I would only get the eye of chayula, if you get the cloak of defiance as well, leaving out the need to go to the bottom, so you can pick up some of those yummy lifenodes near the templar/maruader side instead.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Jan 13, 2014, 7:09:26 PM
"

The eye of Chayula... well I have mixed feelings about it. It is great for the build, but the 20% less life hurts. Since you are not going near US, you will also miss the 2x12 life nodes, to you will lose a total of 44%life for 7 points. I suppose you could do so by trying something like this. But other then US and IR, the amulet doesn't offer much good, you will lose resist, life, and maybe something like cast speed/spelldamage, you could otherwise get on an amul.

You also don't lose EV with Chayula's, and as I intend to use a Alpha's Howl (because I have one), I will have no freeze, no stun, more mana after auras, and some EV as well.
"
Yxalitis wrote:
You also don't lose EV with Chayula's, and as I intend to use a Alpha's Howl (because I have one), I will have no freeze, no stun, more mana after auras, and some EV as well.

Small amounts of (armor type here) are nearly useless, particularly when you run Arctic Armor - the hits you evade weren't threatening anyways.

The 'less' modifier on Eye of Chayula is prohibitive. It isn't 'reduced,' which would be tenable; it's an all-out 20% decrease in your final health after all other modifiers. You might only lose a bit of health now, but those 'increased' modifiers you picked up will be outstripped by the 'less' modifier. You can read about the interaction here. For example, if your build ends up with 5000 health, the Eye of Chayula will bring you down all the way to 4000.

Ultimately, it would take phenomenal health modifiers on other gear to outweigh the benefit of saving the skill points getting to Unwavering Stance. Since Infernal Mantle, Saffell's, Alpha's Howl, the Eye of Chayula and your weapon don't have life mods, I don't think you'll even make it to 4000.

Fortunately, this build doesn't require 4000 life to survive well thanks to the way it's built. However, I significantly doubt that taking your suggested path will result in a performance improvement.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Jan 13, 2014, 10:20:51 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
Yxalitis wrote:

Small amounts of (armor type here) are nearly useless, particularly when you run Arctic Armor - the hits you evade weren't threatening anyways.

The 'less' modifier on Eye of Chayula is prohibitive. It isn't 'reduced,' which would be tenable; it's an all-out 20% decrease in your final health after all other modifiers. You might only lose a bit of health now, but those 'increased' modifiers you picked up will be outstripped by the 'less' modifier. You can read about the interaction here. For example, if your build ends up with 5000 health, the Eye of Chayula will bring you down all the way to 4000.

Ultimately, it would take phenomenal health modifiers on other gear to outweigh the benefit of saving the skill points getting to Unwavering Stance. Since Infernal Mantle, Saffell's, Alpha's Howl, the Eye of Chayula and your weapon don't have life mods, I don't think you'll even make it to 4000.

Fortunately, this build doesn't require 4000 life to survive well thanks to the way it's built. However, I significantly doubt that taking your suggested path will result in a performance improvement.

Point taken, I'll follow the path to U.S.
What about Iron reflexes?
That small EV on my helm would probably end up being less then the EV I get from the dex nodes I guess...
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
Yxalitis wrote:

On that note, does it make sense to stick with INT/STR gear over pure INT gear? You gain some armor and lose some ES (mana) but the rolls on the INT gear are usually more favorable for spellcasters. Does the armor lost make much of a difference?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
This is a great build, it's very starter friendly and super fun.
I have played this build as my second character in PoE (got t 71 on a Ranger) I eventually RIPped at level 69 and I am considering leveling it again.

Here are some things you should know if you are a new player and trying this build out:

Pros:

- it does high damage very early if you are 1-2 levels above the zone you're in you will demolish stuff. I personally played it safe because I play in hardcore, but if you play in softcore you can play very agressive with this build

- it's super fun

- once you get to EB/MoM you become very tanky and your mana regen is OP

- Arctic Armor rox

Cons:

- If you don't know how to gear properly you won't have enough Armor and that can be a problem in Merciless even if you play very carefully.

- Until you get Lighting Warp and CWDT, recasting Incinerate can be annoying as you have to wait 2 seconds until you do full damage

- Arctic Armor must be recast everytime you enter a new zone, which sux because I often forgot to do it and nearly got owned a couple of times.

I died because I got punctured by a rare mob in merciless, to my understanding MoM doesnt protect you against this kind of damage. I had 3k hp, 2k mana and because I was too lazy to upgrade I only had 27% armor reduction. After I died I did run several 66/67 maps with several mods in softcore and I had no problems at all only had to use flammability for fire resist stuff since I have no uniques. Using Decoy Totem I pretty much YOLO'd through 66's, fun times.

Please note that I am relatively new to this game and I only played this build for three days or so.
Last edited by Synteximus on Jan 14, 2014, 2:30:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info