Marylene's Fallacy Lapis Amulet

Is there any evidence of builds even being able to reach 100% critical strike chance, as far as I am aware, only really wands and daggers are capable of such a high crit chance

I mean according to this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/49134, its probably feasible with ice spear, and maybe a wand, but thats about it
Last edited by deteego on Feb 9, 2014, 5:54:44 PM
Wands, daggers, staves, scepters, and claws are all capable, as well as discharge and ice spear.. so far as I'm aware. Though the cost is exceptional for any one of them, even more so for those with lower base crit chance. Don't expect to survive more than 0.5 hits with some of them though.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Wands, daggers, staves, scepters, and claws are all capable, as well as discharge and ice spear.. so far as I'm aware. Though the cost is exceptional for any one of them, even more so for those with lower base crit chance. Don't expect to survive more than 0.5 hits with some of them though.

I don't see anything that isn't wands/daggers + spells with absurdly high crit rate (i.e. ice spear) as being capable of doing it. Definitely any spell that has a 5% base chance crit rate (which is standard for spells) and weapons that have 5% chance crit rate (which is standard for anything thats not a wand or dagger) as being capable of doing it

Read the thread, even with a weapon that has 10% base crit rate, you still need something like 900% increased critical strike chance

Also apparently crit chance is capped at 95%, and I have no idea how that calculation comes into play (i.e. does the less happen before the crit cap, or after?)
Last edited by deteego on Feb 9, 2014, 6:25:14 PM
Now that I think of it (and so that you actually make use of the other stats the item provides), its probably far more designed to be use with something like a high APS (attacks per second) shadow dagger

As it stands, daggers + power charges are the easiest way to get a high crit chance. The amount of nodes on the passive tree that greatly increase crit chance with daggers is insane, you can easily get 40% crit chance with minimal investment on the tree. Now your crit chance will go something ridiculously low like 10-15%, however with very high amount of attacks per second, you can pretty much expect to get a crit at one point in time.

So I can see dual daggers (both having the 80% global increased critical strike modifier), with them doing fire elemental damage + elemental proliferation burn build possible working, but thats probably about it

EDIT: Just realised I have said this before ;)
Last edited by deteego on Feb 9, 2014, 6:39:45 PM
95% crit cap happens dead last.

% base * % increased * 60% less; if >95%, then ==95%.

Also, for each: highest base crit chance (max roll ... of Incision)
Claws: 6.98% (9.63% chance ... of Incision)
Scepters: 6.98% (9.63% chance ... of Incision)
Staves: 6.68% (9.21% chance ... of Incision)
Everything else, iirc, is 5% base (6.9% ... of Incision... too low)

Between Gifts, Maligaro's, Rat's Nest, the passive skill tree, ICS support, and Power Charges, it's possible to exceed the cap for each non-5% base weapon.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I would never attempt to use this amulet ever. Just not worth it IMO.
Standard Forever
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Between Gifts, Maligaro's, Rat's Nest, the passive skill tree, ICS support, and Power Charges, it's possible to exceed the cap for each non-5% base weapon.

How, like I want to see the maths. For a ~10% base crit chance, you are going to need ~900% increased crit chance.

I mean, this is my preliminary calculations

7 power charges will give you 350
Rats nest will give you 425
Maligros will give you 475
Gifts will give you 540
ICS will give you 660 (assuming 20% quality)
Tree will give you ~120% which is 790

That also leaves us with a single ring slot (amulet and other ring taken up), a belt (can't get crit chance on belts), weapon and chest. If you used an infernal mantle, then I can see getting to 900%, but thats probably about it, and that isn't exceeding the cap
Last edited by deteego on Feb 9, 2014, 7:11:32 PM
"
BearCares wrote:

It's an arctic armor/mind over matter build that gets all its resists and mana regen from the passive tree without using Eldritch battery which means I get to use energy shield with Zealous Oath for defense! Even though my gear has low resists on it, I'm currently over the 77% resist cap so that even when cursed with elemental weakness I'm still above 77%, did I mention this build was tanky? It's super tanky so far even though at the moment I'm only level 40 something so I'm using an old Tabatha to level with. But eventually will switch to infernal mantle.

I guesstimate that I'll have about 15% chance to crit not counting diamond flask and crit weakness curse. I've done no math. But there is like 100% crit chance node i'm going to take so... it should end up at 15% is I think.

I'm also going to chug Dodre's Elixers (I have 3) to keep power charges flowing so I don't know where 4 power charges is going to put me for crit chance.

If this totally stupid build doesn't work I'm just a few regret orbs away from an end game discharger because as I said my passives are just 90% tank.

I actually made a passive tree for your items/build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFtQzyDkgPxBGWFfAWQBfYGLAZ1RzcHRQkaiT9JbwnTyftKgsshS0fMHwxnjMMNdY2PTrhOyg7fDwtPs8_m0GqRIFFCkZxTLNOKlAwUUdTuFb6WfNaGlqmW69e-mBDY0NmT2aeaA5qP20Zbj1vnnBScNVyqXRBd9d_K3_GgUmDCYVVhX2HE4hridONv49Gkn2TJ5hvnKSdo6KjpcumV6yqsji0DLZBtz64N7jKvea-vMAawFHB88T2xq7QOdUA1orcI9zH3Q3fv-OE5c_nVPGK8kXy4fPd8-r0xvcy-Ov5Y_rS_Kv8xf4K_iv_3g==

Difference is that since this build uses blood magic, we don't need mana at all (its also to avoid the weakness of IM). Only issue is, have no idea how to get power charges with this build in a sane way. PcoC is out of the question because we happen to be using marylanes, Romira's Banquet seems to be the only option, although the lifesteal and mana is wasted on it

You would also need a 5L/6L, probably running this combination

Frenzy
Elemental Proliferation
Increased burning damage
Increased multiple strikes
Increased duration
Increased critical multiplier/Increased melee damage/Increased melee damage on full life for the 6L
Last edited by deteego on Feb 9, 2014, 7:41:00 PM
I was going to edit a disclaimer to my last post; guess I should have :)

Note: I said it was possible, not ideal. You'll be missing a lot of really important things. Like life.

I'd slap together a tree just to show you the nodes (not necessarily a fully min/maxed build), but I can't use the skill tree from my mobile.. There's two ~140% 1H clusters on the left side, and ~250% generic around the Shadow, all accessible from Scion. Again, not ideal, just possible.
Devolving Wilds
Land
Any new ideas for this with vaal skills available and almost all other crit mult stuff nerfed? I mean, critting a vaal burning arrow or similar with this would just be terrifying...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info