Question about support gems.

Im not quite sure how support gems work with items of for example, 4 gem slots. Lets say I have a chest with 4 gem slots, in the first one I place split arrow, in the second added cold damage, in the 3rd Rain of arrows and the 4th another added cold damage. In that scenario it would mean that both rain and split arrow have added cold damage right? So what happens if I place Split arrow and Rain of arrow next to each other and 2 other support gems last, would that mean that Rain of arrow being the second placed skill takes both bonuses and Split arrow stays the same? Sorry if its confusing but Im fairly new and my english is limited. EDIT: this is assuming the gem slots are linked one by one and not full linked with each other.
Last edited by Metallica290 on Jan 2, 2013, 1:52:45 PM
all linked supports support all linked skills

theoretically you can use one spell totem support to have fireball, freezing pulse and spark totem with one gear item (4L of course)

this is a 4L item
Unavailable
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Fhedaykin wrote:
all linked supports support all linked skills

theoretically you can use one spell totem support to have fireball, freezing pulse and spark totem with one gear item (4L of course)

this is a 4L item
Unavailable

So in the case I mentioned both support gems affect both skills right?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"

So in the case I mentioned both support gems affect both skills right?

No, support gems do not stack. The highest level support gem overrides the other one. If they're the same level then one is ignored. In your case all you need is one added cold damage. It will apply to skills linked with it regardless of the order they're linked in. For example, if you have a four link with one skill and one support they don't even need to be next to each other to work. As long as there links they work. Hope that helps
S L O W E R
Yes I got it. Thanks you 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info