Few Questions about game Mechanics

Hi all,

Few questions,

1.- Does Armor reduce damage while in Energy shield too?

2.- Does life leech restore life non-isntatly, meaning gradualy? and if so, How do i know the rate and if i have passive skill "Ghost Reaver" life leech restore energy shield at same rate?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
When damage is directed at you

1.you have a chance to evade the damage
2.You have a chance to block the damage
3.Damage is reduced by total amount of armor
4.Non-chaos Damage is subtracted from ES
5.Chaos and remaining damage is subtracted from HP

Not sure on life leach...
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
1. Armor does in fact effect all physical damage, even that which is being inflicted upon Energy Shield.

2. Life leech restores health over time, in fact it basically just gives you incredibly massive regen very briefly. I believe the cap if I recall on how fast you can recover with life leech is 1/4 of your max HP (ES with Ghost Reaver) per second, so if you leech very large amounts very quickly, you may not see the effects immediately. This can be counteracted with the large keystone "Vaal Pact" which makes all regeneration and flasks completely ineffective to your health but forces all life leech (or shield leech) to apply instantly and at full effect.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
You leech at 20% Max Life (or ES) per second. It's not a cap, it's a rate. (12.5% per second for Mana, btw)
If you leech 20 Life and have 100 Max Life, it regenerates you for 1 second.
If you leech 2 Life, it grants 0.1 seconds of regeneration.
If you leech 500 Life, that's 25 seconds of regeneration.

The reason people like to call it a cap is that it's essentially pointless to leech more than you can regenerate (an effective cap). The above example of leeching 500 Life with 100 Max Life is an example where this happens. If you strike even twice, you'll have crap tons of Leech queued up that is unlikely to ever effect you (once you regenerate to 100%, it discards any leftovers). With Vaal Pact, you will never 'queue' leech, since it's applied instantly.

e; Good point! That quality bonus is not to be underestimated, for both Mana and Life.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 2, 2013, 5:14:11 PM
The quality bonus on Mana Leech and Life Leech gems affects this rate, however. A 20% Life Leech gem should reach 24% life per second and 15% for mana (which is actually a notable difference for casters).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info