Will beta characters be transferred to the "real" game?

Hey.

I was just wondering, If I pay to get beta access, will my characters stay on my account when the game releases or will all accounts start from zero?

Because if you get to keep your characters and all your items when the game releases I will not wait a second to pay for beta now!

But if everything resets, I don't relly feel like it...
Everything gets wiped
Actually all characters will be reset to 1 and all items wiped(except Demigods). Also the donation is to help fund the developers just a perk that you get access to the Beta. Its Beta not a demo, beta testers are meant to help find balance issues, provide feedback, and find bugs. If you just want to play the game wait 22 days for the Open Beta(although should still provide feedback then too)

Wanting to help shape the game along with helping the Devs out should be the reason you donate IMO.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Jan 1, 2013, 6:26:02 PM
The only thing that will remain is the characters at lv 1, as if you had just ceated them. No inventory, no stash. A few event league items will remain though..

However, if you want to get a head start on undestanding game mechanics and experimenting with builds you may want to play open beta, go for it! Its worth it.
The answer is 42.
"
Zeshin wrote:
Actually all characters will be reset to 1 and all items wiped(except Demigods). Also the donation is to help fund the developers just a perk that you get access to the Beta. Its Beta not a demo, beta testers are meant to help find balance issues, provide feedback, and find bugs. If you just want to play the game wait 22 days for the Open Beta(although should still provide feedback then too)

Wanting to help shape the game along with helping the Devs out should be the reason you donate.

Thank you for the information! I will buy the "Kiwi Pack" in the morning even though I don't get to keep my characters and their items. But the kiwi pet stays on the account right? :)

I really loved Diablo 2 and this game has all the good things Diablo 2 had + more! I'm really excited about this game and can't wait 'til it releases!

I love the spec system and the gem system, It's unique and awesome! I haven't seen alot from the questing but I hope you will make it good :) Because the way to max level is the most fun in these kind of games (at least for me).

That's all I had to say, This games lookes really amazing! Keep up the good work!
Yes any of the Micro Transactions stay as well, if you end up buying any stash tabs before OB.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
Gandalf1337 wrote:
"
Zeshin wrote:

Wanting to help shape the game along with helping the Devs out should be the reason you donate.

Thank you for the information! I will buy the "Kiwi Pack" in the morning even though I don't get to keep my characters and their items. But the kiwi pet stays on the account right? :)

I really loved Diablo 2 and this game has all the good things Diablo 2 had + more! I'm really excited about this game and can't wait 'til it releases!

I love the spec system and the gem system, It's unique and awesome! I haven't seen alot from the questing but I hope you will make it good :) Because the way to max level is the most fun in these kind of games (at least for me).

That's all I had to say, This games lookes really amazing! Keep up the good work!

Your characters being wiped will only happen going from closed beta to open beta. EVERYTHING will stay from open beta to official release. I don't know why nobody else has said this yet.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Your characters being wiped will only happen going from closed beta to open beta. EVERYTHING will stay from open beta to official release. I don't know why nobody else has said this yet.
Yeah, I think it's important to emphasize. As far as us players are concerned, open beta = release.
"
Wisdom wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Yeah, I think it's important to emphasize. As far as us players are concerned, open beta = release.

Well that sorted it all out for me! Thanks guys!
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

"We have therefore decided to enter Open Beta on January 23, 2013, US time. The final character wipe and deployment of patch 0.10.0 (including Act Three) will occur then."

So what do they mean by final character wipe ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info