How much life do flasks really give

Devmoon did some tests on stream when taking increased life from flasks. It turns out that flasks do not give exactly the same life as it is stated on them. The numbers seem a bit random between different flasks but consistent for the same flask.

I did a quick tests for 3 flasks with and without alchemist node, all plain.

Large life flask (should give 160 life) gave me 149 life without alchemist. With alchemist it gave 182 (about 22% more than 149, 13% more than 160).

Sacred hybrid flask (should give 640 life) gave me 642 (yay, more than expected!) life without alchemist. With alchemist it gave 710 (about 10% more).

Hallowed life flask (should give 960 life) gave me 899 life without alchemist. With alchemist it gave 1022 (13% more than 899, 6% more than 960).

Further testing.

A seething hallowed heals for exactly 204, matches the tooltip.
A saturated hallowed heals for 1429, tooltip says 1440.
A white hallowed heals for 898, tooltip says 960 (!).
Catalyzed hallowed, 935 - again tooltip 960
A bubbling hallowed heals for 473, tooltip says 480.

Looks like there is some sort of rounding error on the regen.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Interesting find. Could it be that the game rounds up the number of seconds and doesn't take into account what is after the decimal point like in this case only 5 seconds and 0,3 goes to waste.

Unavailable

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
Interesting find. Could it be that the game rounds up the number of seconds and doesn't take into account what is after the decimal point like in this case only 5 seconds and 0,3 goes to waste.

Unavailable

This is a good point and worth bringing up as a bug if it's consistently reproducible.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I asked Chris about this. He'll look into it.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info