Characters Naming info

Hi,

I'm very new to PoE (just became a beta member today), thus to this forum too... but after some search I'm not able to find anything similar to what I have in mind... so here it is:

today, while creating my first toon, I noticed that a character name cannot contain numbers or special chars; my first thought was: "Damn...for sure I won't be able to get the name I'd like at the release :-( and maybe not even a close one..."

So, here's my question: Is there any plan about a naming convention that would allow different ppl to use the same Main Name while leaving as unique the real full name of a character?
"

e.g.1: every account could have a pre-assigned string "abcd"... and each toon will be named as TheNameIlikeSoMuch.abcd

e.g.2: toons names composed by firstname.lastname, both alphabetical only... but that would increase the combinations and allow identical firstnames

Sorry if this has been already discussed in some previous post...but I wasn't able ti find it!

Regards,
St0ryteller

PS: you can see I already had some naming issue on the account :-)
I'm reading this and going "what" i think i need to take a nap.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I'm reading this and going "what" i think i need to take a nap.

Basically he's suggesting a "battletag" system like what blizzard has done for D3 and Starcraft II before it.

So for example if you pick the name "John" you'd be assigned a random number. You'd be something like John.2201, and when the next person comes along and wants to name their character "John" they'll be assigned a different number.

In order to add friends and message people, you'd have to have their unique number as well as name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info