Parties and chat

I play alot with my brother and Husband, and so far I've found the party and chat systems awkward.

Whispering: It is difficult to chat with more than one person at a time if you are not in the same party/location. Whispering is the best method I've found so far. But in order to Whisper with more than one person at a time, or to switch between a chat channel and a Whisper you have to type in the persons name.
What I wish we had:
-I keep wanting to click on a persons name in chat box to start a whisper with them.
-I wish I could create my own channel that my friends could all use to chat when we are not in the same party.

Party: After forming a party I find it difficult to find where everyone is at and to get together. Since a Party-memmber icon only appears when you are on the same screen as them, it is easy to forget or (if you are new to the game) not realize you are in a party with someone. If you are not on the same map as a Party-mnember I have not found a way to identify where they are at except to ask them. Which means they have to stop what they are doing to respond (or get killed by the interruption). If I could identify where they where at, it would be a lot easier to get together. Once you are on the same map, I keep loosing my party-members. The only thing I have to identify their location is the little X on the mini-map. If they are on the far side of the map, that does not show up. It would be a lot easier if I could at least know the direction they are in relative to my position. An arrow or something.

Just being able to identify a party-members location would make me happy, but I'd love to have the ability to warp directly to a player.

Hardcore vs Softcore
My friends love playing Hardcore, and since the characters move to Softcore when they die, everyone is willing to give Hardcore a try (props for the idea). But this dynamic poses a problem when we are trying to group. We all start in hard core, and one by one die off. Being the first to die and the last alive kinda sucks. Since then we are left playing solo. I really wish there was an option for HC characters to play with SC. A special world where we could play together yet be kept to our own rules.
They intend to overhaul the chat at a later time. It's not a priority. Yes, the party system could use some changes, but once again, not a priority. The issue with not even knowing you are in a party is a common one. And you're not going to play HC with SC characters unless you die. If all of your friends are in SC, go to SC, or tell them to remake a character in HC like most HC players do.
Hitting S pulls up the social tab. From their it shows all your friends. Under their name it always says what zone they are in even if you're not partying with them.

When charting with someone if you right click their name it gives you the option to whisper them. You can also do this from the social tab as well.
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info