Why I do not care for the Lightning arrow nerf (video in description) + New comparison video

Original Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKmutYDACpg

New Comparison Video (without the use of diamond flasks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB0rXRY7Ilc
IGN: Feels
Last edited by analdischarge on Dec 20, 2012, 7:50:05 AM
And that, is why I think Diamond Flasks should be removed from the game. Why even have crit chance, when you can maximise crit multiplier and use flasks.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
Last edited by neonesis on Dec 19, 2012, 3:38:07 PM
It is not like its easy to get a build to work with 5 crit flasks. There are profits and there are losses.
IGN: Feels
"
analdischarge wrote:
It is not like its easy to get a build to work with 5 crit flasks. There are profits and there are losses.

Diamond flasks aren't an all-or-nothing deal though. It's not like you can't use only three. :p
Other than watching him destroy a levelled LA gem, this video has nothing to do with LA.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

Diamond flasks aren't an all-or-nothing deal though. It's not like you can't use only three. :p

Nevermind Diamond flasks are OP.

However I think you need a good build with good gear to get to that point. If you don't you still can't crit all of the time like that.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 19, 2012, 3:36:54 PM
Ya, I never got why people thought LA was OP.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

Nevermind Diamond flasks are OP.

However I think you need a good build with good gear to get to that point. If you don't you still can't crit all of the time like that.

It's not that horrible thing to just kill some mobs here and there, and start critting again - OP's video includes this.

Even if you don't have to crit everytime, the binary nature of Diamond Flasks just boggles my mind, how GGG thought it might be a good idea. If you have 5% default crit chance, why don't you just screw crit chance and control exactly when and where you'll get your crits, for 1.5 seconds, instead of just one hit.

I've seen this in other thread - while every other flask makes something better by a percentage/flat value, diamonds are "from 0(5) to hero(100)" ones. Why not make them as every other one, such as +50% crit chance.

With enough investment in your build, you would still be able to have guaranteed crit.
Last edited by neonesis on Dec 19, 2012, 3:45:21 PM
"
ifarmpandas wrote:

Geometry; smart targetting.

If you have an M-target LA and fire into a tightly-clustered double pack
and N is the average number of targets each projectile intersects with (thanks to chain/pierce)
and K is the number of projectiles you start with (thanks to MP or a unique)

Total number of hits has its ceiling at:
ceiling = K*M*N

A level 15 lightning arrow with LMP/Chain:
3*5*5 -> ceiling of 75 hits from firing once;
At 0.7*0.6*WD per hit, and a total additive benefit of 60%, total damage ceiling of
75*0.7*0.6*WD*(1+30%+30%) = 50 times weapon damage off a single shot where all 3 starting projectiles hit something.

No other skill in the game has this kind of geometry. Individual hits are small, yes.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Dec 19, 2012, 3:52:04 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
ifarmpandas wrote:

Geometry; smart targetting.

If you have an M-target LA and fire into a tightly-clustered double pack
and N is the average number of targets each projectile intersects with (thanks to chain/pierce)
and K is the number of projectiles you start with (thanks to MP or a unique)

Total number of hits has its ceiling at:
ceiling = (K*M)^N

No other skill in the game has this kind of geometry. Individual hits are small, yes.

Yeah, that's more on-topic :)

Basically, Lightning Arrow has a perfect "AoE" (technically, it's not even AoE, but rather Multiple-Target skill) efficiency in the game when combined with Chain and/or LMP. Without it, it could only hit three targets, this being it's limiting factor. But with Chain (and MP gems), there is no more limit, no other AoE can hit so many targets so perfectly.
Last edited by neonesis on Dec 19, 2012, 3:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info