Results for September 3rd hardcore 3 hour competition

Thanks for this great event, it was very professional and fun.
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
I'm a little curious..

What would have happened if I had let the zombie that was hacking at me after the end pause kill me before logging out? Would I still have been considered alive?

I would be willing to bet yes. Once it pauses, the server would "freeze" all assets. Meaning anything you dropped after that should still be on your character after it's move also.
"
ugynokur wrote:
Thanks for this great event, it was very professional and fun.

One of my friends were rooting for you, I didn't even notice you got second ranger at first.

Congrats :P
Crossposted from the beta forums:

Me and two of my friends were playing together, Witch, Templar and Ranger. The Witch died when there was about one hour left of the race but the Templar and Ranger kept going. We managed to finish at #7 and #8 in the overall ladder, getting the #2 Templar and #1 Ranger class spots.

Our strategy was focused around gathering large groups of enemies and killing them with Shock Nova. The Ranger would use Split Shot and Poison Arrow to help. Corpse Explosion was picked up later by the Ranger and that helped a lot. I picked up Ice Nova on my Templar in Act 2 and it was also incredibly helpful.

We skipped through a lot of areas that have little AoE potential (Tidal Passage, Prison, Chamber of Bones) in favour of resetting and re-playing areas with good AoE potential to catch up in EXP. Especially The Ledge on both difficulties, but also Crossroads, Dark Forest and a few other areas. We skipped all the optional areas.

Our Witch died to Oozeback in Cruel because he didn't realize he was getting attacked. He was more or less stunlocked and one-shot.

We farmed The Ledge in Cruel for about 40 minutes at the end, managing to keep more or less the same ranking as we had had.

Improvements we could've done:
Farmed a bit longer in The Ledge in normal, farmed in Fellshire Ruins in normal, not lost our Witch in Cruel, progressed past The Ledge in Cruel a bit earlier in favour of farming in Prisoner's Gate and the Coves.

Thank you Derpfoot and Torse, it was fun!
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
congrats guys!
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
Watched the event for over 2 hours, was fun like hell! So i finally have seen some content. I hope to be able to play that stuff too and get some keys for the peeps around here.
Congratulations, peeps!

Great to have these small events already in CB.
gratz =)
also, very nice to see events going on in the beta.
Congrats to the winners and for those who was doing there best and died.
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
I'm a little curious..

What would have happened if I had let the zombie that was hacking at me after the end pause kill me before logging out? Would I still have been considered alive?

Once everything gets paused, it finishes its last action. The zombie would have taken one swing and then stood there unable to move. If it had killed you in that one swing, your character would have counted as dead.

I'm sure this transition can be polished more in the future.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info