BETA Invite Unfair!

So I have been monitoring the BETA invite timer and I completely understand that players that have been signed up longer than most and have also posted actively on the forums deserve the BETA that's perfectly fine however I have kept a list and all together 66 players in the last 4 days that have been signed up for around 3 months or even since 2010 and have had 0 posts and havent logged on since are getting into BETAS I myself feel that this is completely unfair.
How YA LIKE ME NOW!
wow never seen a thread like this before ....

"
Icoblablubb wrote:
wow never seen a thread like this before ....

lol indeed, what a mind-blowing new concept

i do feel this guy's pain though
Please be aware that while the invite timer favors those with posts, and users that are active you have to keep in mind the simple numbers that the invite timer must pull from.

If 2,000 people are active and posting regularly (on a day to day basis) and another 30,000 people register accounts and never post, while the posters have an increased chance, that chance is almost evened out by the number of non-active accounts that the timer must pull from.

Factor in GGG's system of checking for accounts via IP (the system has not been revealed to any of us) to cancel out 1 person making 100 smurf accounts, and you do infact have an increased chance, however with so many players waiting for the Beta, it comes down patience, and some luck.

Sorry everyone, I know how it feels, I was in your shoes too, and it was frustrating. Try checking out Streams, posting into conversations on this forum, or watch some other videos in the mean time.

Good luck to everyone!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Beta Tester Since: v0.9.0
Proud Host of Aug 2011 Fan Art Contest
-------------------------------------------------------------
The streams are actually really entertaining..... especially when you have a cool streamer like Beros... http://www.livestream.com/beros
He answers questions, takes time to listen and respond... a enjoyable afternoon spent learning about what I assume to be and seems to be a great game.
Its not that I find it unfair that sometimes players that arent active at all get picked but its a majority of the time they get picked also I have 4 brothers in my house that have all made accounts hoping to get on beta does this reduce our chance of getting on cos theres people in my household that want to play and they have been signed up 2 to 4 months now :P
How YA LIKE ME NOW!
"
Mordliss wrote:
Please be aware that while the invite timer favors those with posts, and users that are active you have to keep in mind the simple numbers that the invite timer must pull from.

If 2,000 people are active and posting regularly (on a day to day basis) and another 30,000 people register accounts and never post, while the posters have an increased chance, that chance is almost evened out by the number of non-active accounts that the timer must pull from.

Factor in GGG's system of checking for accounts via IP (the system has not been revealed to any of us) to cancel out 1 person making 100 smurf accounts, and you do infact have an increased chance, however with so many players waiting for the Beta, it comes down patience, and some luck.

Sorry everyone, I know how it feels, I was in your shoes too, and it was frustrating. Try checking out Streams, posting into conversations on this forum, or watch some other videos in the mean time.

Good luck to everyone!

THIS. lol
I do enjoy the streams as well, and find it provides me with enough satisfaction, until I am able to play. I don't really understand how it isn't fair tbh.
^^ +1 all is fair in PoE and WaR
"
cheapsodas wrote:
^^ +1 all is fair in PoE and WaR

This

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info