3 Hour Hardcore Ladder Race - September 3

This weekend, we're going to run a temporary three hour league with prizes to the top placed people.

It will run from 7am to 10am New Zealand time on Sunday (Sept 4). This is noon to 3pm PACIFIC TIME ON SATURDAY (Sept 3) or 8pm to 11pm Saturday (Sept 3) in the United Kingdom. Hopefully this time is more appropriate than the last one for Europeans. Here is a link for more time zone conversions.

The league will be hardcore. Characters who die will be moved out of this league and into the Default league. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST.

The game version will be the current 0.9.1. Balance changes will not occur before this event (we'll of course be running another event soon after 0.9.2 is out!) In the last 0.9.1 event, the winning team used a Shock Nova Witch and Ice Nova Witch. Please note that because this is a hardcore league, a single death can disqualify you. It's very dangerous to base your builds around nova-like skills!

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

Prizes will be:
1st overall: 5 Closed Beta keys
2nd overall: 4 Closed Beta keys
3rd overall: 3 Closed Beta keys
4th overall: 2 Closed Beta keys
5th overall: 1 Closed Beta key

Highest character of each class: 3 Closed Beta keys
Second highest character of each class: 2 Closed Beta keys
Third highest character of each class: 1 Closed Beta key

For a total of 45 keys given out.

The winners must be still alive at the end of the event to be eligible for prizes.

Please tell other Beta members about this event so that they all know. You're allowed to mention it to the public, of course.

If you intend to stream your play in it, let us know so that we can compile a thread of streams for people to watch.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 3, 2011, 3:42:47 AM
Sounds pretty cool but I'll probably end up missing it due to scheduling

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out away to make it
I'm going to ROCK this contest.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.
Just to be clear, the winners will be the highest leveled people that are still alive at the end of the ladder, right? So even if someone was 10 levels ahead of the competition and died in the last minute, they would not be eligible for the prize, correct?
Interesting. I'll try this if I can make it.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
Wisdom wrote:
Just to be clear, the winners will be the highest leveled people that are still alive at the end of the ladder, right? So even if someone was 10 levels ahead of the competition and died in the last minute, they would not be eligible for the prize, correct?

That's right. I'll adjust the post to make it clear.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sounds awesome, can't wait!
GReeeeeeatt.
And hc!!

I doubt I will be there, but will try my best to do it.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Best thing about this is HARDCORE, can't wait sounds like a great time
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Sounds like a great event, yet again! That will be 3pm to 6pm EST for those of us on the East Coast area :) Thats a very nice time for me! And I will be there! Bringing my Templar Battlemage into the competition!! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Beta Tester Since: v0.9.0
Proud Host of Aug 2011 Fan Art Contest
-------------------------------------------------------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info