All Ears Achievement Dialogue List and Lore (verified)

"
drakar8888 wrote:
Normal

got helena first with the idea that she could have dialogue that won't be there if you already finished quests

Exactly - go chamber sins1, town, go sins3, kill boss, talk to girl, get gem, talk again, drop gem, go to town, get gem, go to town again. The "drop gem" step was pointless - didn't get any hidden dialogue.

Then silk gives you spike quest - go to weavers, town, kill weaver, town, get spike, town again. Going to town without spike was useless, no hidden dialogue there.

Cruel

The exact same thing in reverse. Didn't get any different options.

On both runs helena had a talk about maligaros spike, even when she is not rescued when you get it.

On merci I did sins, weaver and then straight to oak. Again no differences.

I did the exact same thing in normal. Just today on cruel I went for the Spike first, got all the dialog options (went to town whenever I could), and then headed to the Chamber of Sins.

After getting the Spike, I got dialog options from Eramir and Silk for 'Maligaro's Spike', but you miss out on the dialog options from Greust and Yeena (and logically Helena). I believe the dialog option was different from Eramir, but it didn't count towards the counter on the achievement.

I.. think we might be looking too far for this.
I have made a new account and managed to get 178/190 after one playthrough in normal - following all the clues in this thread.

Most of the stuff I speculated about does actually nothing towards the dialogue count

- the whole gem and/or pike thing did nothing to me aswell
- but talking to eramir with gem + pike in inventory gives you "Maligros creations" + 1 to dialogue count (also metioned in OP)

- giving Hargan the 3 busts one by one did not increase the count at all

- giving fairgraves the decanter than the plum did nothing aswell

"
D623932883 wrote:

- Clarissa has a dialogue after you've found Tolman but don't have his bracelet. The quest seems to end with this dialogue, you can't give her the bracelet after this so there's no additional dialogue.

this also did not do anything for me

Probaly it's only about completing whole quests in out of order fashion (like rhys said), and not about altering the order of how quest items are handed in.

Will update later :]
Ok guys. I got the achievement on my testchar!

Here is a link to my testchar for proof http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IAmAllEears/achievements

The way I did normal difficulty

- go through in a linear fashion
- every time I talked to someone, checked if the others have new dialogue
- everytime a queststate changes ("!" pops up), talked to everyone
- everytime I entered a new zone, talked to everyone
- I ended up with 178/190

Cruel
- Act 1: got "undead rhoas" dialogue from bestel this time
- Act 2: helped another bandit
- Act 3: rescue Tolman before clarissa, gave dialla the thaumatic sulphite first
- ended up with 185/190

Merciless
- act 2: helped another bandit (+3 dialogues), and used the book of reform (Eramir) (+2 dialogues)
- 190/190

After I used the book of Reform, Greust gave me another dialogue! Than I killed the last remaining bandit and Eramir gave me the last dialogue! So using the book of reform gave me 2 dialogues!

I also made a list of all the optional dialogue that is required for the achievement:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqhAF_tCmlPtdDZwREQ4ZldSYTRkN2toVWlpOGduUGc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Feel free to copy and use it as you like.

This is not a full guide. And you can get that achievement by doing things in another order. But if you do exactly what I described in the list in the exact same order you definately should get the achievement! gl!
Last edited by lonn on Feb 10, 2014, 3:47:44 PM
So going into merciless you had 5 left but it shows you only obtained 3 from merciless, what are the other 2? They're not listed in the spreadsheet.
"
haplessG00N wrote:
So going into merciless you had 5 left but it shows you only obtained 3 from merciless, what are the other 2? They're not listed in the spreadsheet.

I got 3 from the bandit quest in merci, and 2 from using the book of reform - esentially 5 from bandit quest in merci. (I updated my post to make it more clear hopefully)

Edit: and my spreadsheet shows 5 dialogues from merciless. The layout is not optimal - maybe someone has the time to make it even more structered. Although it should be easy enough to read :]]]
Last edited by lonn on Feb 10, 2014, 3:54:50 PM
Congratz ;)

oh

Im 184/190
and I thought I'll have at merc
3 from bandit
2 from book
1 from eternal lab.

but if so I got to find now in your list where is the last dialogue that I would miss.

About the undead rhoas

I recived the dialogue whenever I killed the unique rhoa in muds.

edit:

Is the "Sewer" dialogue sitll available for you?
I don't see/don't remember it.
Last edited by Octantis on Feb 11, 2014, 1:25:53 AM
Got it, thx for pointing out the missing piece, lonn. I had assumed it's +1 for book and never went back. Greust did have his "Bandit lords" dialogues lit up again - GG.

@Octantis

If you are at 184 at merci and did everything, you might have killed bandits in wrong order.

You need to do something like:

alira - krayt - helps oak
krayt - oak - helps alira
oak - alira - helps krayt

If you do:

krayt - alira - helps oak
krayt - oak - helps alira
oak - alira - helps krayt

you still helped all 3 bandits but miss out on a killed first dialogue for alira.

also maybe you missed the sulphite one - talk to diala with sulphite and no spool in inventory
Last edited by drakar8888 on Feb 11, 2014, 1:51:06 AM
Order of killing them does not matter.
I did suplhite too.

I think I miss the sewer dialogue at lady dialla.

"
drakar8888 wrote:
"
Octantis wrote:

It is essential to kill them in perfect order so that you get "killed first" and "last one alive" for each bandit from Eramir. Here is a quote from page 7 of this thread.

"
MayaSarnn wrote:

I can also confirm that Eramir has 2 dialogues for each bandit (one 'death' dialogue and one 'last alive' dialogue). For Example, you kill Alira first and Eramir will talk about her being dead. Then you kill Kraityn, but Eramir will NOT have a 'death' dialogue for Kraityn, he instead will give you Oak's 'last alive' dialogue. Therefore: you must choose carefully in the order you kill the bandits - Alira, Kraityn, Oak - Oak, Alira, Kraityn - Kraityn, Oak, Alira (for exmaple). In turn this also confirms that completing the All Ears Achievement WILL require all three difficulty levels (at least until the end of Act 2).

even if it matters that's not what I am missing.

----

For some reason I don't recive "Sewer" I guess at lady dialla.

Edit:

Alright I finally got it.
Between all my attemps I forgot that this time I resusced 2 times in a row tolman before clarrisa
Last edited by Octantis on Feb 11, 2014, 8:01:51 AM
"
Octantis wrote:

It is essential to kill them in perfect order so that you get "killed first" and "last one alive" for each bandit from Eramir. Here is a quote from page 7 of this thread.

"
MayaSarnn wrote:

I can also confirm that Eramir has 2 dialogues for each bandit (one 'death' dialogue and one 'last alive' dialogue). For Example, you kill Alira first and Eramir will talk about her being dead. Then you kill Kraityn, but Eramir will NOT have a 'death' dialogue for Kraityn, he instead will give you Oak's 'last alive' dialogue. Therefore: you must choose carefully in the order you kill the bandits - Alira, Kraityn, Oak - Oak, Alira, Kraityn - Kraityn, Oak, Alira (for exmaple). In turn this also confirms that completing the All Ears Achievement WILL require all three difficulty levels (at least until the end of Act 2).
Yep the order in which you kill tha bandits does matter! (the spreadsheet also reflects that)

The "etneral lab" dialogue does not count.

Dialla has "The sewers" dialogue after you give her the spool, I just double checked. This dialogue is one of the ones that dissapear later though!

Good luck all getting this!

Edit: thanks for the head up with the "undead rhoa" I updated the spreadsheet.
Last edited by lonn on Feb 11, 2014, 8:04:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info