28 lvl maps

You can say it's a crazy idea, but it may work.
How about creating 28 lvl maps for PVP players with the mod "Players don't receive any experience from killing monsters" - something like of Amateur.
It could be rather interesting and competitive for those pvp twinks. And would be a great possibility to farm some cool items for pvp.
I guess lvl 28 (and normal difficulty) capped pvp here for players to allow them test PVP on pretty low lvl/gear state. It's for those who want to test PVP without playing till Merciless. It's not meant to be used as twink pvp competition. That's the way I see this case. Want competitive PVP - go to Merciless PVP arenas.
"
idarktemplar wrote:
It's not meant to be used as twink pvp competition.
That's exactly what restricted level pvp is. If it wasn't meant to be a twink competition then every player would compete with the exact same gear choices and the same skill/support combos. Since this is not the case, it is quite obviously a twink arena. Yes, it also gives people a chance to test pvp before getting to the unrestricted Merciless arena but it is undeniably meant for twinking. To say that it is not is simply naive.
"
idarktemplar wrote:
Want competitive PVP - go to Merciless PVP arenas.
What? All pvp is competitive. It matters not if it's lvl 1 or 100. Player vs Player.
Well, in the past the skill gems were autoleveling.
This is changed for some time and now you have to manual level them for obvious reasons.
I guess the same mechanic can be introduced for character leveling.
It's simple and efective, no need to complicate the game mechanics further.
Thats really the perfect solution, Mobutu. Perhaps an option on the character sheet or in the passive tree to freeze a character's growth. Once clicked a confirmation box appears, similar to destroying items in town or dropping items with socketed gems, in case of accidental misclicks. The freeze can either be temporary or permanent. Temporary seems best, there'd be too much qq over a permanent freeze.

I kind of like the lvl 28 map idea but I seriously doubt that would ever happen. Your lvl 28 character would never reach the labarotory to use the map because you can't leave Normal, otherwise you forfeit your lvl 28 pvp rights.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Your lvl 28 character would never reach the labarotory to use the map because you can't leave Normal, otherwise you forfeit your lvl 28 pvp rights.

They could work just like simple portal scroll, so then you don't need to reach the lab.
But just simple level-lock would be fine too, I think.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
idarktemplar wrote:
It's not meant to be used as twink pvp competition.
That's exactly what restricted level pvp is. If it wasn't meant to be a twink competition then every player would compete with the exact same gear choices and the same skill/support combos. Since this is not the case, it is quite obviously a twink arena. Yes, it also gives people a chance to test pvp before getting to the unrestricted Merciless arena but it is undeniably meant for twinking. To say that it is not is simply naive.
"
idarktemplar wrote:
Want competitive PVP - go to Merciless PVP arenas.
What? All pvp is competitive. It matters not if it's lvl 1 or 100. Player vs Player.

If I have choice to farm for twink gear to participate lvl 28 pvp or farm for high-level character gear to participate unlimited PVP, why should I do first thing? It's less fun, at least for me.
This is a great idea rather than sit in the encampment and wait for a match all day.
this is a really good idea, doing maps at level 28 without any xp gain would be great
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info