GGG Skill Balancer and team:

What are the chances of giving Lightning Strike to Shadow from Brutus quest reward? The simple lack of a decent AoE skill prevents me from wanting to try claws or daggers whatsoever in 3 hour races. I vote LS for Shadows!
"
boomjoose wrote:
What are the chances of giving Lightning Strike to Shadow from Brutus quest reward? The simple lack of a decent AoE skill prevents me from wanting to try claws or daggers whatsoever in 3 hour races. I vote LS for Shadows!

>Whirlind blades
"
kadrek91 wrote:
>Whirlind blades

Suggesting WB as an actual central DPS ability is laughable.

No damage modifier, 2 second base duration. It's for mobility, or if linked carefully sometimes it's defensive. What it is NOT, is a main line DPS ability.

Boomjuice, my suggestion: have you tried making an EK build?

EK doesn't take more than two to five passives boosting it, before it becomes super effective. The two spell damage nodes at the start of the tree suffice, and they'll strengthen whichever trap you choose, as well.

In the same vein, most of the many 1-target claw/dagger/sword attacks don't require any passive investment either. Even with very few points invested most of them are still quite capable.

Viper just needs.... attack speed (all damage is flat as part of the skill)
Puncture only needs crit damage.
Double strike? Elemental damage, attack speed.
Frenzy? Frenzy charges (5 is good!) Qual frenzy gets an amazing dps boost just from stats on the skill, with 5 charges.

WB for kiting, 1 trap as precast DPS or control, *vulnerability* for most cases, with TC on the hotbar for particularly scary moments. EK+vulnerability is stupid, it's so damned powerful. You don't need a melee AoE attack.

Really. None of them take any passive investment. Run around the tree grabbing all the utility and defense you want. Your main attacks (EK+2 of the above) barely cost any passives. EK is probably a more powerful AoE than GS right now. Might not be that way forever.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 5, 2012, 5:51:39 PM
Whirling Blades is a mobility skill, with a tiny bit of dmg added on.

Also, he is specifically talking about early game play, the 3h races. Melee shadows lack an effective melee AoE ability early on. EK and FP are spells, ignoring those you only have Fire Trap and Poison Arrow to damage multiple targets at once.
Last edited by Zanarhi on Nov 5, 2012, 5:57:14 PM
Whirling blades is so underrated as AoE skill, especially at lower levels. :(

I've actually leveled a melee ranger to merciless using only whirling blades for AoE. It's more than viable until you find that precious lightning strike of yours.
Last edited by 0nin on Nov 5, 2012, 5:54:21 PM
3 hour races, missed that part.

My 3h race build uses EK; still only takes either 2 or 3 passives to make it work, so it's compatible with a 1h/shield hybrid setup. I'm just a bit scrubby and wind up doing something stupid/dying every time.

The only distinction between spell and attack is, how much mana do I need, and what bonuses boost it?
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 5, 2012, 6:44:42 PM
Yeah I've done EK. I've done Pulse. I dont want to be a caster, I want to be a melee-ish claw or dagger user. But I will not run those in a race until they have something to compete with. :b

Lol @ whirling blades as racing aoe melee skill. It's mobile, sure. It's slow as fuck for aoe'ing mobs down. it's also a desynch infestation that is atrocious.
"
boomjoose wrote:

We are revisiting all the quest rewards for when we add Act 3.

Your request has been added to the things we are considering. We'll almost certainly add it as a short term solution.

The long term solution will be broadening the range of Int and Dex melee AOE skill gems and supports that are available.

"
boomjoose wrote:
it's also a desynch infestation that is atrocious.

I feel you on that jose
but still LS is a STR and furthemore a "templar" skill.. it feels kinds off to me :\
"
Qarl wrote:
"
boomjoose wrote:

We are revisiting all the quest rewards for when we add Act 3.

Your request has been added to the things we are considering. We'll almost certainly add it as a short term solution.

The long term solution will be broadening the range of Int and Dex melee AOE skill gems and supports that are available.

Awesome, this is good news! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info