Monsters and Elemental Resist

I was wondering if it is possible to put monsters into negative resistance? This is pretty important to know for the build I am planning.
"
Lionguild wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible to put monsters into negative resistance? This is pretty important to know for the build I am planning.

It is indeed, also there isn't a limit that we know of for how far in the negative they can go(apart from a practical point of view).

Elemental weakness, (Elemental specific curse), (Elemental specific penetration), Elemental equilibrium. Not sure what else you could do.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by Zephyroth on Nov 5, 2012, 12:21:20 AM
Ya I was planning to use Elemental weakness, Elemental specific penetration support and Elemental equilibrium. I might consider going for the 2 curse keystone. Or maybe try to get a unique to allow that.

So far I've got my Frost Nova with cold to fire and use it as a totem to debuff enemies for my lightning spells. It's working great so far.
One of my builds uses a similar method, with spark + added cold(might add pierce and fork in there for more projectiles everywhere) totem to debuff with EE and stack up shocked, then hit them with powerful fireballs.

Ends up with high damage burns that are made even more effective with shocked state :D
Just an FYI before you do the build. Fork does not combo with Pierce. If the attack pierces it cannot fork.
"
Lionguild wrote:
Just an FYI before you do the build. Fork does not combo with Pierce. If the attack pierces it cannot fork.

Well to clarify. The tests I've done are this. Pierce takes priority over fork. Projectiles cannot fork and pierce at the same time But they can do both.

Example:

1. I use Ice spear
a. It pierces the first mob that is close to me and does not fork
b. it goes into second form, hits a mob, then forks. The two new projectiles are in second form.

2. I use ice spear
a. No enemies are close and it hits a far away enemy in second form
b. Same outcome as before. It forks and the new spears are in second form.

Note: You can link Fork and Freezing Pulse, but because Pules is always in "pierce mode" it can never actually fork.(from what I've tested at least.)
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info