Answers to common questions (AKA in-game FAQ)

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mannihello wrote:
the passive skill "resolute technique"

it says: your hits can't be evaded
does that mean: enemies evasion is 0 % ?

or

does that mean: my chance to hit is 100% ?
Those are exactly the same thing. You can't have one without the other.

I think mannihello intended the latter to include 0% chance to block and 0% chance to dodge as well. Since those methods of avoiding attack aren't evasion, resolute technique shouldn't affect them.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mannihello wrote:

or

ok, so with resolute technique accuracy has no effect anymore. thats why i asked. thx
"
mannihello wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mannihello wrote:

or

ok, so with resolute technique accuracy has no effect anymore. thats why i asked. thx

Correct. That's all it does.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Can anyone explain what means Dual wielding? Is this relates to BOW ? Or to 2H weapon?
Last edited by ebrehgp on Mar 25, 2014, 3:48:44 AM
"
ebrehgp wrote:
Can anyone explain what means Dual wielding? Is this relates to BOW ? Or to 2H weapon?
No, Dual Wielding means you hold one one-handed weapon in each hand and strike your opponent with both weapons at the same time. I believe any 1h weapon will work except for wands (Wands work too--cool). Don't confuse with [Dual] Strike where a 1h or 2h weapon (but not the bow) can strike an opponent twice in quick succession. I believe too that if you are dual-wielding and use Dual Strike only one weapon will DS--you cannot get quadruple strike out of it.
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
Last edited by Ratsneve on Mar 25, 2014, 3:08:27 PM
Wands can also be dual-wielded just fine.

Double Strike only uses the main hand weapon, even when dual-wielding. There are a few Skills that do this. I think Ground Slam does the same?

Dual-wielding generally alternates weapons. Only Dual Strike and Cleave strike with both weapons simultaneously.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 25, 2014, 3:02:42 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mannihello wrote:

or

False - they have the same effect/result in combat, but they are not the same thing. Mobs can still have evasion chance(which is why he asked if they suddenly got 0% evasion) but your hits (that's got 100% chance of landing the blow) will ignore the fact.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Cergic wrote:
False - they have the same effect/result in combat, but they are not the same thing. Mobs can still have evasion chance(which is why he asked if they suddenly got 0% evasion) but your hits (that's got 100% chance of landing the blow) will ignore the fact.

If the attacker has 100% Chance to Hit with an Attack, the defender always has 0% Chance to Evade. They are two sides of the same coin. Chance to Evade is calculated by checking Attacker Accuracy versus defender Evasion Rating - ResTech and similar modifiers skip this check and just output 0% Chance to Evade, and thus 100% Chance to Hit. Or the other way around.

That's why Chance to Evade on the Charsheet is an estimation. It varies based on the attacker's Accuracy, and can be ignored altogether with modifiers.
thats confusing. if i understood that right, it means:

example 1. without resolute technique:
if my chance to hit is 90% (which means 9 of 10 hits hit the target)
enemies evasion is 70 % (7 of 10 hits are ignored and 3 do hit)
that means: 27% of my attacks hit the enemie?

example 2. with resolute technique:
If my chance to hit is 90 %
And enemies evasion is 0 % (due to resolute technique)
that means 100% of my hits hit the target. (?)

so with resloute technique the formula above is skipped.

If your Chance to Hit is 90%, the enemy has a 10% Chance to Evade.
With Resolute Technique, the enemy has 0% Chance to Evade, so you have 100% Chance to Hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info