Answers to common questions (AKA in-game FAQ)

"
mannihello wrote:
the passive skill "resolute technique"

it says: your hits can't be evaded
does that mean: enemies evasion is 0 % ?

or

does that mean: my chance to hit is 100% ?
Those are exactly the same thing. You can't have one without the other.
"
mannihello wrote:
example 1. without resolute technique:
if my chance to hit is 90% (which means 9 of 10 hits hit the target)
enemies evasion is 70 % (7 of 10 hits are ignored and 3 do hit)
This cannot possibly be the case. By definition, if you have a 90% chance to hit that enemy, it has a 10% chance to evade your attacks. Whereas if the enemy has 70% chance to evade, that means you have a 30% chance to hit.

Your chance to hit is calculated based on your accuracy rating compared to the enemie's evasion rating. Their chance to evade is a different way of looking at the same value, and is calculated like so:
chance to evade = 1 - chance to hit
"
rrgerty wrote:
What is the difference between "Grants level *** supported by Gems in this item" and "Gems in this item are Supported by ***"?
The first one is an active skill, which the item grants you as though it had that skill gem socketed in it. The second one is a support effect, which supports all skills in the item, as though the item had that support gem in it.

The item grants the skill exactly like a gem would, you still need to meet any costs to cast it it just gives you the skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 2, 2014, 5:55:30 PM
"
Bavan wrote:
Where should I click to ply this.
Can't I play this without downloading?

Hi Bavan, Path of Exile will need to be downloaded in order to play. The installer can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/downloads/PathOfExileInstaller.msi
"
How do I add my gear to a post?

Open a thread/reply, then click your character portrait on the top left of the page. Click the item you'd like to add to the post. It will automatically add the code needed.
Hey there,

The command for claiming your crafting benches is the following:

"/claim_crafting_benches"

Typing that into in-game chat whilst in your hideout should put your claimable crafting benches into your hideout stash.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info