Any good 1.0 Freezing Pulse builds yet?

"
okta1234 wrote:

Thats a sick staff man, it puts mine to shame!

"
okta1234 wrote:
Hi!

im sitting on lvl 80 in nemesis with following skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAP0CcQL-BLMOSBGWFE0UsBXnFm8WvxdQF1QZhRo4GmwdFCKBJDwkqiaVJ6kpTyycLR8t0jZ7Nuk62ELDRKtJO0lRTC1N2FVLVa5VxliuWm1bWV3yXvph4mKsZk9tGXBScNVzs3_GgUmBb4IegpuH24hCjDaMdo48jmSPRo-mj_qQVZuhnaOdqp48n7SiAKdcp4SsmLI4tKO2-sBRwcXB889l0NDVT9ad3nffhONq44TkIuw48B_wa_Id8-r3pvfX-tL8qw==

Im running a 5link staff with: FP, GMP/LMP, BM, LL, FC and plus 1 cold gems

There are some major problems atm:

- less life than sectral throw (around 4800 atm)
- less life regen
- less damage than spectral throw, due to massive mob resists (3k dps with gmp)
- only 5.5 k armor (with molten shell AND determination)
- less freezing in parties due to mob health increase (less mob control)
- CI wont work cause of mobrange and again less armor

im am pretty unhappy with that specc atm and looking forward to gem level upgrades and 6link

ill keep informing

regards

PS: for information my current gear:

Spoiler

You should try added lightning instead of faster casting and get static blows for 2 points and spec out of some spell damage nodes since you have plenty of spell damage already. Shock stacking mobs will increase your DPS despite dropping faster casting. Faster casting doesn't increase your DPS by much if there's no synergy between the gems you have linked to the main skill, it only increases your DPS by casting faster. That's the tradeoff, gem synergy vs brute forcing down mobs. As long as you can shock stack mobs you'll have much more DPS than with faster casting.

static blows
25% chance to shock and you have 1 extra point to put where ever you like
static blows

____________________________________________________________________________________

You're having DPS issues because of the blood magic gem.
You're essentially using a 4 link DPS skill. This is why I hate using blood magic on main skills. You just give up DPS(in this case much needed DPS). What a blood magic build achieves in a more expensive 6L an EB build can achieve with a much cheaper and more common 5L. In the end game, a 6L EB build will out DPS a 6L blood magic build hands down.
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
Last edited by Passionlz on Nov 13, 2013, 4:11:24 PM
hey!

thx for ur input. Did specc now to this build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAP0CcQL-BLMOSBGWFE0UsBXnFm8WvxdQF1QZhRo4GmwigSQ8JKomlSepKU82ezbpOthCw0WdSTtJUUwtTdhVS1XGWK5abVtZXfJe-mHiYqxmT2e9bRlwUnDVc7N6qn5Zf8aBSYFvgh6Cm4fbiEKMNox2jjyOZI9Gj_qQVZrgm6Gdo52qna6ePJ-0ogCnCKdcp4SsmLI4tKO2-riTwFHBxcHzz2XQ0NVP1p3ed9-E42rjhOQi6-7sOO5v8B_wa_Id8-r3pvfX_Ks=

i put out faster casting for added lightning and lost around 300dps by respecc. but ive got around 5.1k hp now and the "feel" dps is so much higher now. I will proceed now to scion hp wheel.

regards and thx

okta

PS: i have to play with blood magic cause i would get the mana reg with current gear and specc perhabs i will respecc to EB some time
Last edited by okta1234 on Nov 13, 2013, 4:38:50 PM
You're welcome! good to see that your putting out some much needed DPS!

Regarding the blood magic gem; I don't know if you can pull off EB and get rid of the blood magic gem. I myself am going EB with a build i have planned that's aimed for very high mana regen. I'm still working out the kinks and leveling. If you want to go EB you'll need to get the reduced reservation nodes at the templar area for starters. Most likely run just 2 60% auras(grace & determination or purity @ 40%) and clarity. You'll also need to get hybrid or pure ES gear with mana regen on an amulet and/or ring as well.
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info