It'd be nice if you told us whether new gems would be given out as quest rewards.

There are quite a few new gems coming out - all of which I'm excited for - and I'd like to know whether I should start grinding now or whether I can create a new character and level it up for the sake of a specific gem. You don't even have to tell us at what level the gem will be awarded, or even what class (though I'd appreciate both). Just let us know if it will be award.
Last edited by RegulusX on Oct 29, 2012, 6:01:27 PM
"
RegulusX wrote:
There are quite a few new gems coming out - all of which I'm excited for - and I'd like to know whether I should start grinding now or whether I can create a new character and level it up for the sake of a specific gem. You don't even have to tell us at what level the gem will be awarded, or even what class (though I'd appreciate both). Just let us know if it will be award.

They've usually been added as quest rewards in the past, as I've been able to take characters with rewards remaining and get the new ones.
"
indczn wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:

They've usually been added as quest rewards in the past, as I've been able to take characters with rewards remaining and get the new ones.

True, but I'd like to have some certainty.
Well, GGG's current philosophy / patch changes on the availability of existing gems tell us a little bit about when/if a gem will be available. If it's strong like Purity and not central to a class like Clarity, they will be offered later, if at all. Similarly GMP was weakened(?), taken off the list, and an LMP created to replace it for ranged.

It's best to save up some orbs in case we find in the announced patch that some gems are not quest rewards. A lot of changes have come out of balance considerations - this will continue, so it's hard to be definite.

I think it's safe to say, however, that not all the gems are all powerful. ;) Thus, you will get many of them in the new reward list. The fact that there's a lvl 28 PvP tier which GGG wants to get right imply this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info