Questions about increased damage, increased critical damage and critical weakness

"
Velkor wrote:
•80% increased critical strike dmg (from the support gem) = 231 physical dmg *1.8 + 30 lightning dmg *1.8 = 416 physical dmg + 54 lightning dmg (If I crit)
This stat is increaseing the critical strike multiplier, not the damage directly. Whenever you crit, your critical strike damage multiplier is applied to your damage (obviously a crit should deal more damage than a regular hit even if you don't spec into crits). The default value for this multiplier is 150% (1.5x damage on crit). You have an 80% increase to the multiplier, 150 * 1.8 = 270, so you'll get 2.7x damage when you crit.
"
Velkor wrote:
•Hitting a mob cursed with lvl 11 critical weakness (60% increased critical damage) = 416 physical dmg *1.6 + 54 lightning dmg *1.6 = 666 dmg + 97 dmg (if I crit)
Critical weakness does not grant "increased critical damage" - you noticed this when listing the stats but not here. It applies to how much extra damage is taken from the crit - i.e. the amount of damage above 100% of regular damage your critical strike multiplier grants. So in your case, your multiplier being 270%, you'll deal 100% damage, plus 170% extra damage affected by the 60% from critical weakness.
I have not checked the actual result numbers, but the formula appear correct now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info