Jewelers Orb --> JewelCrafters Orb

I agree with the name change. Crafters Orb would do just fine.
RIP Bolto
"
mod edit... nope

rotfl.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
ionface wrote:
Unavailable
We aren't changing the name of this, that would be so weak. Jeweller's Orbs aren't offensive, people making idiotic prejudiced comments about them are the offenders. Let's just mute them from global chat if they keep it up.

I say jews and alchs and chroms, they are just nicknames, and they aren't intended to represent anything besides the orbs which I will trade for. God only knows the possible offensive ideas people can come up with for "GCP".

Amen brother!

(Can I say that or is it offensive? :P )
How is my english?
Call 1-800-I-WANT-CANDY
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Tinkerer's Orb was my suggestion, after some thought about abbreviations. Because in the end, that's what this comes down to: what will the players call these items, once time is an issue and each keystroke might mean life or death?

Tinks sounds cute. :)

Artificer's Orbs, down to arts. No problem.

Socketer's (bit heavy-handed I feel) -- socks. Also fine.

I'm afraid everyone who feels that it's 'just an abbreviation' is failing to see what must be seen at a level 'higher' than that of the player. The perspective that must be taken here is not what is said, but what might be read. What might be construed.

I'm going to believe that the OP isn't being a bit of a troll with the whole JC thing, and logically disagree with the alternative because the orb itself isn't craft jewels. It's creating sockets/mounting places for gems in existing materials.

Either way, it's up to GGG how this goes. It always has been. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Make it Tinker bell orbs.
✠ ✠
"
Charan wrote:

I'm afraid everyone who feels that it's 'just an abbreviation' is failing to see what must be seen at a level 'higher' than that of the player. The perspective that must be taken here is not what is said, but what might be read. What might be construed.

I'm sorry but I disagree with that point of view...

I cant be thinking all the time what people might read into what I write/speak.
This applies specially (especially?) when there is no intention to offend anyone.

But to which its own... And as you said it's always up to GGG to decide whats best.
How is my english?
Call 1-800-I-WANT-CANDY
"
senseless wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

I'm sorry but I disagree with that point of view...

I cant be thinking all the time what people might read into what I write/speak.
This applies specially (especially?) when there is no intention to offend anyone.

But to which its own... And as you said it's always up to GGG to decide whats best.

You've just proven my point.

Moreover, it's not your responsibility to be thinking all the time what people might read into it, not in this case. It was GGG's to foresee how people might read into a term they came up with. I never once blamed the people who used the abbreviation for jeweller's orb in question. I can see the economy of it, the laziness behind it.

If we accept that people will abbreviate, then the consideration on GGG's behalf must be for a term that abbreviates harmlessly.

(I've been told that 'tinker' is a rather obscure slur for 'gypsies', but surely a line must be drawn. Lineage 2 had tinker as a crafting line; Dota has a Tinker hero. Heck, AD&D has it as a class.)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
They will be changed to socketing orbs.
People will start calling them socks.
True story.

This really needs to happen.

I just love the idea of someone going "WTB 100 SOCKS PM ME"
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
There is NO point in changing anything. Some one will just come up with something else that someone else will find offensive, "GET OVER IT" move along, nothing to see here, just drop it and let it die PLEASE.......
I keep hearing about "The Real World" is that an expansion or something ??
Make it Jew Orbs just to fuck with people who have problem with this.

Someone can enlight me why connecting nation and gems is racial slurr ? or ethnic slurr ?

As of people who are hurt by that just ignore them same as people who don't like font on site or think that there is to much blood in game.

You can't please anyone and if somebody is a dick to someone he will find a way to be a dick.

-1 for GGG for even discussing this issue on forum.

If you change it I will be first to start forum threads about Maruder being big dumb black dude and how rasist is that.

See my point ? Arguing about words that are not racial slurrs will get you nowhere.

As of this proposed If we change it there will be no discussion. There is discussion because you started it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info