Jewelers Orb --> JewelCrafters Orb

Shortened to JC's? possible solution to this ridiculous controversy.
A nice attempt, but it just leaves room for the same problem. If the name were to be changed it would have to be something completely different like a 'faceting orb'.
They will be changed to socketing orbs.
People will start calling them socks.
True story.
Considering they are the only J orb, I don't understand why people don't call them "jorbs".
Although i think jorb sounds dumb, its perfectly fine.

Best option i've heard so far is Tinkerers Orb, or one I thought would be ok Gemsetters Orb. So people can 'wtb tinks' or 'wts gso'.

Lost to Apathy
"
Nekrogoblin77 wrote:
Although i think jorb sounds dumb, its perfectly fine.

Best option i've heard so far is Tinkerers Orb, or one I thought would be ok Gemsetters Orb. So people can 'wtb tinks' or 'wts gso'.

Sorry can't call them Tinker's Orbs it might be offensive to the gypo community - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker
Last edited by RandallPOE on Oct 28, 2012, 3:50:49 PM
Artisans Orbs
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
mod edit... nope
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Unavailable
We aren't changing the name of this, that would be so weak. Jeweller's Orbs aren't offensive, people making idiotic prejudiced comments about them are the offenders. Let's just mute them from global chat if they keep it up.

I say jews and alchs and chroms, they are just nicknames, and they aren't intended to represent anything besides the orbs which I will trade for. God only knows the possible offensive ideas people can come up with for "GCP".
Last edited by ionface on Oct 28, 2012, 4:53:12 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
They should change the name, the opportunity to troll/offend people with this abbreviation will just be a continuing problem. We can argue back and forth all day about people needing to grow thicker skins, but that's besides the point. This is a silly thing cluttering the boards and diverting attention from actual issues.. change it and be done.

btw.. I brought this issue up months ago when people were saying they had "Jews for trade".
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info