Whiteboy88.... (and other current events with naming and racism... etc...)

So.. whiteboy88.. srlsy...

Moderator can have totally provoking nickname and we cant use abreviation "Jew" (and its only GGG fault - the item should be renamed... dont punish players for your own incompetence), we cant have freedom of speech on chat etc...

But moderators can do whatever they want in name of non-existant ToS/EULA including defending each other like mad, closing uncomfortable (even with neutral and negative feedback about GGG and PoE...) and having racist names.

GG ggg...

Recent events on forum and recent tread locking is pathetic.

And whiteboy... maybe you really have that surmane.. i dont care... but number 88:

"
As a Neo-Nazi symbol
Neo-Nazis use the number 88 as a code to represent the slogan Heil Hitler.[3] The letter H is eighth in the alphabet, so 88 is meant to stand for HH. The number is sometimes used in combination with the number 14 (e.g. 1488 or 14/88). In this context, the number 14 stands for the "Fourteen Words", which is a white nationalist slogan created by convicted terrorist David Lane. Examples of usage include: the song "88 rock'n'roll band" by the neo-Nazi band Landser, and the names of the groups Column 88, Unit 88, White Legion 88 and Barselc88. Holocaust museum shooter James von Brunn often signed his writings as "JVB-88." Hungarian far-right party Jobbik often uses the number 88. The party's program for the 2010 parliamentary election was published on 88 pages.[4]

As a member of nation that was invaded by Nazis and has been victim of holocaust i feel annoyed by your nickname.

IT IS PROVOCATIVE and in light of current events is laughable that GGG punish normal players for using ingame item abbreviation and allow one of moderator have a nickname that have obvious connection to Nazi idealogy and symbolism. Even if its accidentally connection.

But we all are equal yea? /sure

srsly...Im disgruntled.

I expect this thread will be closed (but this only proves mu point) and whiteboy88 will not be forced to nick change but i fell that i must voice my opinion.

PS i would really love to hear OFFICIAL GGG stance about this kind of behavior and:

PS2 this thread is in beta general because all locked threads are here too.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Oct 27, 2012, 11:47:14 PM

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I also go by the nickname WhiteBoy to some people in real life, which comes from my last name being White. Since whiteboy is often taken when I register on sites, I went the lazy route and added a number. 8 is a reference to an old TV show called The Pretender, one episode in which the main character was fascinated by the number 8.

Thats from meet your mod: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39273

If the mods/devs think a name is bad enough to be changed then they will change it and they have done just that, many times.

It is not for you to judge, however if you have a issue with someones name then plz contact support rather then making a forum post such as this one
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Last edited by XvXReaperXvX on Oct 27, 2012, 11:49:06 PM
Only one question comes to mind: what are you trying to accomplish?

If you had a reasonably constructive goal in mind, you'd send a private message to samantha or jess. They seem to be the closest things to community managers, here. (sorry if I'm wrong about that, but that is how it seems!)

Since you understand that the devs actually listen to their community, here, that's what I'd expect you to do. Trust me, they'll act on your input. My experience is that with these guys, improper things get swift action. So, again: what's your goal? Why make a public post? Did samantha give you a cold shoulder or did you forget to talk to her?

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 27, 2012, 11:52:31 PM
All i want is: clear rules and equality.

If someone is punished for typing "jew" in chat without bad intentions (because it is natural abbreviation of ingame item) why moderator is allowed to have provocative nick that has strong connection to neo-nazi idealogy and symbolism (i assume that he dont have bad intentions either)?

hm?

Its simply not fair.

Last edited by Kabraxis on Oct 27, 2012, 11:55:42 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:

If you had a reasonably constructive goal in mind, you'd send a private message to samantha or jess. They seem to be the closest things to community managers, here. (sorry if I'm wrong about that, but that is how it seems!)

Nice dodge.

Enjoying the attention, I see.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
All i want is: clear rules and equality.

If someone is punished for typing "jew" in chat without bad intentions (because is natural abbreviation of ingame item) why moderator is allowed to have provocative nick that has strong connection to neo-nazi idealogy and symbolism (i assume that he dont have bad intentions either)?

hm?

i just read http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54753

to make another post to continue a argument is in my opinion quite wrong. the post was locked for a reason.

i urge you to contact support to voice your concerns and then wait for a response.

it is constant threads like this that get ppl put on probation.

dont be "that" guy.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
So what about all the other names in game like Fuckthisgame and all the other derogotary names. Its not just 1 its lots. The game honestly needs a clean up before hitting OB especially if there is no age cap on the game as this is not considered appropriate for children.

Maybe the MODS need to start reporting theses names to the devs and get them deleted rather than wasting time on MUTING people in chat.

The muting is so inconsistant with some people getting muted and other people getting away with cursing and swearing.

I am not a prude but i believe if you are having OB with no age limit then you need to curb this practice now.

This along with many posts will i guess fall on deaf ears.

GGG get the mods to do something useful like clean up character names within game.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
CritonClitCombat

That is a great name
Locked. Reaper summed it up well.

"
to make another post to continue a argument is in my opinion quite wrong. the post was locked for a reason.

i urge you to contact support to voice your concerns and then wait for a response.

it is constant threads like this that get ppl put on probation.

dont be "that" guy.

PM support if you have a concern about a moderator.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info