Oversoul one hit kill information

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/gen/image/YToyOntpOjA7aTo0O2k6/MTtpOjM7fQ,,/967000dbcb/Inventory.jpg

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMABCMwZARMZMMHJsqWDTEnnA9mTEwRxEu8E2sjvhYJv9IX4RQPF-8Y3hpJ8Ekhedp6Jrf_BzLquew268VUP55fTUJM1rxEDfVERq_-80lHOJxKJksZSsXTCk0zvqtOYownVchswFYlF_9gRwTJYhIaFmIW8uNlpIcJZhKo7mbHNdtnYnq6Z-ky1HcAFgl3rHEredK-aXpxx_x8hsoZgqopxIOGG9qQaVMllhxlaphUqmShCJm_oap8BKNZqk2nLlnOqb8HYq129y6uc3EDsdvT9rj3KaO7L6HxvSG7Vr37qXHAv8vIwwcy58YhEwLIOTABy0EdEc3KZmPN2qjG0pEnCtkJHdngS2y24jL7deL2Bz3t17l49Tm6j_Z9SAP3kn3N-JMbnPxzusL_P3oj

It wont post my inventory?
Last edited by Never_nou on Oct 25, 2012, 7:17:54 PM
Posting your inventory requires clicking on your character, selecting inventory, then clicking each item you have equipped. It should spit out some text in the post body.

As for your build - it appears to be a pure glass-cannon summoner build. It's no wonder you're having difficulty with Vaal. You have very few increased ES/life passives and aren't using CI.

Since you're a summoner, you don't really need much defense at all, but playing a summon class requires that you don't get mixed into the fray. I would suggest you refund your small investment into increased life and just pick up CI. You'll be noticably tankier and you'll be able to free up a potion slot. You're also using up a lot of points on attribtues just to circumvent a few nodes you think you don't need. It's much cheaper just to take a stat like -10% to ES CDR than to try and go around it (besides, it's a good stat).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMABCMwZAcmypYNMSecD2ZMTBHES7wTayO-Fgm_0hfvGN4aSfBJIXnaeiGuO_Yy6rnsNuvFVD-eX01CTNa8RA31RElHOJxKJksZSsXTCk0zvqtOYownU_ror1XIbMBWJRf_YEcEyWISGhZiFvLjYzq_yGWkhwlmEqjuZ-ky1HKgn1N3ABYJd6xxK3nSvml6ccf8fIbKGYKqKcSDhhvakGlTJZYcZWqhCJm_oap8BKNZqk2nLlnOqb8HYq129y6uc3EDsdvT9r0hu1a9-6lxwL_LyMMHMufGIRMCyDkwActBHRHNymZj0pEnCtkJHdniMvt14vYHPe3XuXj1ObqP-JMbnKeYepH9mG3TnMVEzeuHQ-zDNbDAuCcmAvxzusLN2qjG7SUyS7QO8i6_f_fi

If you have the refund points available, I would suggest these changes. I suspect you would find this set up more powerful. However, I admit, it probably means you'll need to find new gear, as I imagine most of your gear has +life on it, which will become wasted due to those changes.

Just note that no matter what build you do as a witch, if you're casting spells, there is no reason to skip cast speed - it's an amazingly good stat. If you're using ES, ES CDR is amazingly good. If you're not going to get many life increase passives, you need to get CI, because otherwise you're just being very wasteful.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Oct 25, 2012, 7:27:11 PM
Deleted experimental posting failed post
Last edited by Never_nou on Oct 25, 2012, 7:33:20 PM
Ooops, looks like I double-clicked...
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Your gear seems "fine" though it's on the "lower end" of gear, in terms of stats. But that's pretty normal. You could easily find very good rings to help you in resists though, your rings are in dear need of upgrading.

If you're not going CI, you're going to need much more life from gear and much more life increases from passives.

If you're going CI, you won't feel tanky until your chestpiece is giving at least 300 ES. You'll feel pretty tanky once you hit 400.

You're lucky to have a 5L, so no rush trying to find a better chest, I suppose - but I think you could do yourself a huge favor by taking fireball out of it and putting your zombie or skeleton skill in it, then adding a ton of supports to that minion, such as faster attacks, added elemental damage, more minion damage/life/speed...

Or if you really want to fling fireballs better, consider LMP over added lightning damage. If you hit the Oversoul with 3 fireballs close up, you're doing significantly more damage than if you hit him with 1 that just has added lightning damage. Most spells have a shotgun effect, making added projectiles very powerful.
Last edited by anubite on Oct 25, 2012, 7:34:42 PM
An interesting selection. I shall ponder them tomorrow when my brain has reactivated!

The rings you see after the bottles are my 'reserves' in case I ever 'badly' needed extra resistances (as with the empty bottles), they are just items from drops, I replace if I get a drop basically.

The Oversoul in Merciless is the first time I've considered using them.

I'd be interested to hear other options. CI kind of does my head in, doesn't it leave you 'uber' vulnerable to any damage of any kind which bypasses the Energy Shield?
No offense intended, but IMO this just proves how unbalanced summoners are, if you can clear merciless as easily as you say with such junk gear and stats. (until oversoul of course).
not enough time for gaming!
"
Never_nou wrote:
An interesting selection. I shall ponder them tomorrow when my brain has reactivated!

The rings you see after the bottles are my 'reserves' in case I ever 'badly' needed extra resistances (as with the empty bottles), they are just items from drops, I replace if I get a drop basically.

The Oversoul in Merciless is the first time I've considered using them.

I'd be interested to hear other options. CI kind of does my head in, doesn't it leave you 'uber' vulnerable to any damage of any kind which bypasses the Energy Shield?

With CI there is nothing in the game currently that can damage your one health, without first removing all your energy shield.

Well, besides caustic flasks and blood magic - but you have to be dumb and/or silly to try those things with CI.

If you're intending to follow through with some of my suggestions, you can get 16 (or 12, I forget how many) free refund points by doing all the optional side missions in act 1/2. If you still need more, orbs of regret can be purchased from the act 2 girl vendor, or by trading currency items away. OR, you can wait until next week, they're going to reset our passive skill trees free for 0.9.13.

"
zinger wrote:
No offense intended, but IMO this just proves how unbalanced summoners are, if you can clear merciless as easily as you say with such junk gear and stats. (until oversoul of course).

There's a reason why I asked him to post his build.

Although the passive skill tree is supposed to have a 'small' impact on play -- relatively -- a passive tree that doesn't commit enough to defense, or doesn't build defense 'correctly' is sure to fail, no matter how good the person's items or skills are.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how somebody got through the waterfall and cave in merciless WITH ONLY 800 LIFE! Summons are ridiculous, I've had that suspicion, but sheesh, I couldn't get through that cave with such little life even on a good day with an easy non-summon build.
Last edited by anubite on Oct 25, 2012, 9:40:55 PM
"

"
There's a reason why I asked him to post his build.

Although the passive skill tree is supposed to have a 'small' impact on play -- relatively -- a passive tree that doesn't commit enough to defense, or doesn't build defense 'correctly' is sure to fail, no matter how good the person's items or skills are.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how somebody got through the waterfall and cave in merciless WITH ONLY 800 LIFE! Summons are ridiculous, I've had that suspicion, but sheesh, I couldn't get through that cave with such little life even on a good day with an easy non-summon build.

No offence intended axe-grinders, but the reason I'm so 'powerful' is because I have a decade of RPG playing experience.

AS I STATED I CAN DO THE SAME THING WITH A CRITICAL COLD WITCH.

It's called tactics. You just have to do it all VERY VERY SLOWLY. Which is why 'the race' is such a good challenge.

Honestly, I'm surprised the moderators haven't banned you. I come looking for information and all you're doing is abusing poster trust to find excuses to grind your own stupid axes.

I'm quite happy to listen to advice, but this thread is MAINLY about finding out what information is available about the Oversoul.

Quoting 'only 800 life' is criminally inaccurate, especially after suggesting I go for ZERO life with CI.

I have no idea what kind of ego is going on in that head of yours anubite, but I can assure you CI has NOTHING TO DO WITH DEFEATING THE OVERSOUL.

If the 'only' way to 'breeze' the Oversoul is to use Temporal Chains and Totems, then dur, isn't the biggest 'overpowerer' Totems and Curses...

But, please, THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT THAT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info