Loot question

Can someone confirm, is the only loot option in groups FFA?
At the moment, all loot anytime is ffa.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Loot right now is partly ffa.

When partying, random loot will have a timer. and only the person with their name on it can pick it up during that time. The time is usually only a few seconds, and it is calculated based on:
How far away the person is
Their movement speed
A few other things.

After the timer runs out, it's available to everyone.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Thanks for the info, one final question.

Right now there is no way to claim an item you are too far to pick up such that you can pick it up later, i.e. the only way to claim it is to actualy get to it and pick it up before the timer (few seconds) runs out. You cant right clilck it and select "claim" to extend the timer or anything simple like that?
"
nathanmnm wrote:
Thanks for the info, one final question.

Right now there is no way to claim an item you are too far to pick up such that you can pick it up later, i.e. the only way to claim it is to actualy get to it and pick it up before the timer (few seconds) runs out. You cant right clilck it and select "claim" to extend the timer or anything simple like that?

No. The system is designed to be competitive. Some of us have been asking for a non-competitive system for awhile now. We'll see what happens.
Standard Forever
Jay Wilson had an idea like that

and then he doubled it

and the loot all went away
"
DaleWinters wrote:
Jay Wilson had an idea like that

and then he doubled it

and the loot all went away

WTF are you talking about
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA, I am not overreacting (i have very good reasons for my view), I cannot be convinced that forced ffa can ever be better than a choice of loot modes and I am most certainly not alone.
"
nathanmnm wrote:
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

God I hope you are right.
"
nathanmnm wrote:
Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA

Yup pretty much this right here.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info