why ETERNAL ORBS are really BAD for the game !

so first of all the reason i post this is that i see many people are whining that "they can not craft because its too expensive" or "using exalted orbs is a waste and they rather save them to buy items" but most people don't understand the the real problem are eternal orbs and not exalts, so let me explain this to you

crafting situation before we had eternals,

1) you found a good item that had some decent rolls for exalting left -> you could use 1 or 2 exalts maximum
2) you alt regal a good item and kept exalting it if it was good enough -> you could use a maximum of 3 exalts

this means the number of exalts you could use was capped at 3, almost every level 80+ player has had that much currency at least once avaiable

crafting situation after implementing eternal orbs,

1) you have a very rare item that's not worth to eternal but you could use 1 exalt -> usually wont become very good - and most of the time wasted "yoloexalt" (doesnt happen that much)

2) you want to craft a best in slot item! with the eternal orb you can pump as much currency as you can afford into 1 single item -> you can use infinte currency !!!
of course most people dont have that much, but you are forced to commit that much in order to get an item thats worth the crafting (you can actually ruin with exalting it before eternal)

i hope you see the point where i want to go! the gap between people who can afford crafting and those wo can't has increased substantially
i personally found about 6 exalts in aproximate 25 days playtime, i used 3 before the changes and didn't waste any since then since i cant afford eternal crafting! i accumulated a few more through trading but using them was never worth it for me since i can't afford crafting the really good items anyway

TLDR, before eternals were in the game you couldn't use more than 3 exalts per item (every player can afford that) now you can bump infinite orbs into only 1 items and can even ruin it if you don't eternal - which means crafting has become an exclusive part for a few rich people and not the 0815 players
ign: ALLRAUDER
Last edited by Luuu90 on Jul 6, 2015, 4:42:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
-
"
so first of all the reason i post this is that i see many people are whining that "they can not craft because its too expensive" or "using exalted orbs is a waste and they rather safe them to buy items" but most people don't understand the the real problem are eternal orbs and not exalts, so let me explain this to you

crafting situation before we had eternals,

1) you found a good item that had some decent rolls for exalting left -> you could use 1 or 2 exalts maximum
2) you alt regal a good item and kept exalting it if it was good enough -> you could use a maximum of 3 exalts

this means the number of exalts you could use was capped at 3, almost every level 80+ player has had that much currency at least once avaiable

crafting situation after implementing eternal orbs,

1) you have a very rare item that's not worth to eternal but you could use 1 exalt -> usually wont become very good - and most of the time wasted "yoloexalt" (doesnt happen that much)

2) you want to craft a best in slot item! with the eternal orb you can pump as much currency as you can afford into 1 single item -> you can use infinte currency !!!
of course most people dont have that much, but you are forced to commit that much in order to get an item thats worth the crafting (you can actually ruin with exalting it before eternal)

i hope you see the point where i want to go! the gap between people who can afford crafting and those wo can't has increased substantially
i personally found about 6 exalts in aproximate 25 days playtime, i used 3 before the changes and didn't waste any since then since i cant afford eternal crafting! i accumulated a few more through trading but using them was never worth it for me since i can't afford crafting the really good items anyway

TLDR, before eternals were in the game you couldn't use more than 3 exalts per item (every player can afford that) now you can bump infinite orbs into only 1 items and can even ruin it if you don't eternal - which means crafting has become an exclusive part for a few rich people and not the 0815 players

Actually, the problem is in the droprate of eternal orbs. They drop just too rarely, that's all.
As for gaining access to BiS items - well, it's obvious that for crafting such an item, incredible amounts of currency should be involved. Otherwise crafting BiS item will be esier than getting a mirror, and since BiS items are crafted to get them mirrored, that would be kinda wierd.

BTW, crafting BiS items is a luxury. They arent needed for game (except PvP perhaps).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
yea but my point is , crafting is only worth it if you go for BiS - before we had eternals chances in crafting were even for rich and 0815 players - everyone could just use 3 exalts on it and that's it
"
yea but my point is , crafting is only worth it if you go for BiS - before we had eternals chances in crafting were even for rich and 0815 players - everyone could just use 3 exalts on it and that's it

Try to play new 4-month leagues. I can assure you, that there even non-BiS crafting will be more than viable.
As for standart league - you just see the result of no item sink. Since there is no item sink, cheap items become even cheaper, and expensive ones - even more expensive. Whether with eternals, or without, standart league is doomed to this fate.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Eternal orbs would be ok, I think the problem is eternal orbs + mirror of kalandra.

This is only a permanent league problem, but more and more "perfect rolled" bis rares are made every week it seems because of eternal orbs.

It won't be long before there is an absolute bis item for every single possible build, and who is going to want to spend 50 eternals and 50 exalts gambling to make one like it when they could purchase a mirror and get a copy.

Mirrors are also used to protect uber items in hardcore, letting the original sit in the bank safely at all times......and I don't think this is good for the hardcore economy or the spirit of hardcore.
What a bizarre argumentation.
1) You still can use 3 exalts and be done with it. No one is "forced" to do anything.
2) You could go bis before eternals existed. -> alt/regal/exalt if not bis scour and repeat. Therefore the costs of crafting have actually decreased if you want bis.
But you still have the same option as before of just using 1-3 exalt on an item with a few good stats.

The only thing it has changed is an that u can guarantee BiS item with unlimited currency and the use of Eternal orbs, but if you wish you can still "gamble" with just using 1-3 exalt - the choice is yours.
IGN: Buhh_XXXXXXXX
Unfortunately, the only thing Eternals ever did for the game was to lower the value of found rares both in monetary terms and appreciation. Back in the day, this sword was considered extremely good. Now its just an "Eh.." item because creating the ideal weapon is easily achievable.

A real shame because I admired the best items knowing that so much effort went into making them. Invalesco used to burn through many a titanium spirit shield trying to get the dream one. I think he would look at this and shake his head.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Try to play new 4-month leagues. I can assure you, that there even non-BiS crafting will be more than viable.

yes i have to agree that this is mainly a standard problem which i haved probably played to much in the last weeks :)

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
What a bizarre argumentation.
1) You still can use 3 exalts and be done with it. No one is "forced" to do anything.
2) You could go bis before eternals existed. -> alt/regal/exalt if not bis scour and repeat. Therefore the costs of crafting have actually decreased if you want bis.

if you dont go for bis item with crafting you are burning currency! you will probably never make profit with crafting mid tier items (at least in standard) since the value of them decreases with time! so it's the best way to go for big item with eternal exalt, but that method is only affordable for very wealthy players ! before eternals every player who had 3 exalts had the same options to finish a craft !

"
Lyralei wrote:
Unfortunately, the only thing Eternals ever did for the game was to lower the value of found rares both in monetary terms and appreciation. Back in the day, this sword was considered extremely good. Now its just an "Eh.." item because creating the ideal weapon is easily achievable.

A real shame because I admired the best items knowing that so much effort went into making them. Invalesco used to burn through many a titanium spirit shield trying to get the dream one. I think he would look at this and shake his head.

the loss of value for mid-high tier rares which arent BiS is also a problem that i forgot to mention - i totally agree with you! i dont want to have this diablo 3 atmosphere where you can't find anything of value (i'm awar ethis is mainly a permenent league problem)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info