PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Facebreaker build

I have just obtained the elusive Facebreaker via my very helpful friend Charan, and I can't think of what class to start with and what passives to use to be very effective with this weapon (glove, whatever you want to call it). All help is appreciated.
Last edited by austinrelis on Oct 21, 2012, 9:12:47 PM
Just get stuff that adds flat physical damage and use an elemental conversion attack like infernal blow together with fire passives. I'd say marauder, because of life passives.

Ideally, for damage you'd need items with weapon elemental damage and integer physical damage.
Added fire damage and melee physical damage work too.
I made 3 facebreaker concepts (one, probably the best one, was much like the build of the week one showcased), but they were on a old tree so the links probably wouldn't work now.

Blackgleam doesn't work with facebreaker anymore as far as I recall, nor does elemental weapon damage. They really totally over-nerfed facebreaker in my opinion. There were things stronger than it before, and probably almost any build is stronger than it NOW, many builds being much stronger.

While it may have been a bit overpowered, the fact that a build can kill monsters in 1 shot is not innately overpowered in my opinion — if you're attacking things slowly, aren't dealing AoE, and aren't moving fast, then the build is rather sucky — it'd be slower at farming, more tedious, and also completely junk for something like PvP.

Anyway, some options are getting shield passives, and lots of efficient physical damage and attack speed nodes. One of the hardest and most important things to do is find efficient paths for dealing damage, since the build is pretty sucky for damage,

Equip-wise you certainly want Meginord's girdle and 2 physical damage rings, everything else is just generic defense stuff.

As far as I know, you'll be dealing the same or more damage running an elemental hit build while unarmed than a Facebreaker one. Obviously an elemental hit build doesn't need to be unarmed though, so if you cared about damage/farming more than looking like a boxer, you'd equip a wand or bow or dagger or something and improve the range and damage even more (although the attack animation would change. I think claw has a pretty similar animation a punch though, if not the same)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 22, 2012, 6:17:02 AM
Who cares about looking like a boxer? It's looking like you can punch people into bloody explosions that makes the build for me. :D
"I'm wys ripping to the bass, tripping off my face
I'm laced, hook you with a phrase, put you in a daze
Rap-rave t-t-t-to the grave sinne binne my
Vat vyf, my piel is styf binne in jou lyf."
Just a quick glance but I think it wasn't mentioned yet - Dominating blow. It is excellent synergy and can partially make up for the lack of aoe too. Nothing against infernal blow but do you not want your very own baby Rhoa to pet? Dominating blow can arrange that.
✠ ✠
"
wiggin wrote:
Just a quick glance but I think it wasn't mentioned yet - Dominating blow. It is excellent synergy and can partially make up for the lack of aoe too. Nothing against infernal blow but do you not want your very own baby Rhoa to pet? Dominating blow can arrange that.

Dominating blow severely handicaps your DPS when compared to Infernal Blow by the way...
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info