GGG, whats the order of precedence for damage conversion with AoF?

Was hoping for a direct answer since its unlikely anyone else will know for sure.

Whats the order of precedence for damage conversion with AoF? Normally, skill gems take precedence over gear. Now that a passive has been thrown in, will AoF take precedence over skill gems or will gems still be on top?

Was just wondering, since its going to be easy to convert more than 100% physical damage to multiple elements. Will the 50% from AoF be fixed or will you be able to scale it back by increasing the conversion past 100% with skill gems/items?
What is AoF?
That new skill then, i guess we can only wait and see.
It should be passives>gems>gear

so AoF takes priority of all, then conversion from gems(lightning arrow,glacial hammer,cold to fire etc) then gear like blackgleam,hymnsorrow etc.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 17, 2013, 5:21:47 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:

so AoF takes priority of all, then conversion from gems(lightning arrow,glacial hammer,cold to fire etc) then gear like blackgleam,hymnsorrow etc.

The real question is, is it additive.

Say you do 1K dmg with.. EK.

You get AoF, then u do 500 fire dmg.

Now you use Added Fire gem, where 30% of your physical is added as fire. Do you get 30% from the original 1K or do u get 30% after AoF conversion?
If conversion exceeds 100% then it is scaled to exactly 100%.

"
A player is wielding a bow that deals 100 Physical Damage,
a Blackgleam quiver that has 40% of Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage,
and Hrimsorrow gloves that have 25% of Physical Damage converted to Cold Damage.
The player is using the skill Lightning Arrow, which has 50% of Physical Damage converted to Lightning Damage

The total in this is example is 115% of Physical Damage, and must be scaled. Since it comes from a skill gem, Lightning Arrow's modifier takes priority and is not scaled. The other two are scaled evenly to convert the remaining 50% of physical damage.

40 * (50/65) = 30.77% Converted to Fire Damage by Blackgleam
25 * (50/65) = 19.23% Converted to Cold Damage by Hrimsorrow

In summary, the resulting converted damage would be 50 Lightning Damage, 31 Fire Damage, and 19 Cold Damage, and 0 Physical Damage, a total of 100 Damage.

From the wiki
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

Now you use Added Fire gem, where 30% of your physical is added as fire. Do you get 30% from the original 1K or do u get 30% after AoF conversion?

im not sure how or if they changed that..but this i dont know until i try it, so i prefer not to speculate and give out false information.

We'll just have to see, i already have some AoF builds planned, 5 days to go.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 17, 2013, 6:38:59 PM
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

AFAIK all damage increases apply to that type of damage before it is converted. So all physical damage passives will apply to the physical damage before the conversions.

"
Tyronis3 wrote:
If conversion exceeds 100% then it is scaled to exactly 100%.

"
A player is wielding a bow that deals 100 Physical Damage,
a Blackgleam quiver that has 40% of Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage,
and Hrimsorrow gloves that have 25% of Physical Damage converted to Cold Damage.
The player is using the skill Lightning Arrow, which has 50% of Physical Damage converted to Lightning Damage

The total in this is example is 115% of Physical Damage, and must be scaled. Since it comes from a skill gem, Lightning Arrow's modifier takes priority and is not scaled. The other two are scaled evenly to convert the remaining 50% of physical damage.

In summary, the resulting converted damage would be 50 Lightning Damage, 31 Fire Damage, and 19 Cold Damage, and 0 Physical Damage, a total of 100 Damage.

From the wiki

Thats not what I'm asking. I know its scaled to 100% for that damage type. The difference is the order of precedence.

For example, if you have 50% Damage converted using Infernal Blow, and then 40% Fire converted via Blackgleam and 25% converted via Hrimsorrow, the 50% from Infernal Blow is locked at 50% because skill gems take precedence, and the remaining 50% must be split proportionately between Blackgleam and Hrimsorrow.

So you would get the conversion as the remainder:

Which would give you 80.77% total as fire and 19.23% as Cold.

But how does the passive fall into the precedence role?

If its passives > gems > gear, then 50% of physical is converted to fire via AoF. Lets say you're using Glacial Hammer which converts 50% of physical to Cold, along with Blackgleam.

If you follow passives > gems > gear, 50% would be converted first via AoF, then 50% converted via Glacial Hammer, would BlackGleam then be ignored because passives and gems take precedence?

I'm just curious if this is the case. If passives > gems > gear is the actual precedence that will take place.
"
HexenLord wrote:
Whats the order of precedence for damage conversion with AoF? Normally, skill gems take precedence over gear.
Not quite. Conversions from skills take precidence over non-skill sources of conversion. There's no distinction between conversion from a passive and from gear, just skill/non-skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info